EC-America is a high impact program exclusively for Latino entrepreneurs of established firms in the United States that will empower leaders with concrete skills and methodologies to build and expand their companies. Through this program, housed in Columbia Business School’s W. Edward Deming Center for Quality, Productivity and Competitiveness, EC-America will provide the training that will enable Latino entrepreneurs to grow their companies, create jobs, strengthen professional networks, and generate revenue to advance economic equity.
Through the EC-America Program, participants will:
• Implement impact-oriented process improvement projects and develop a strategic growth plan for their companies under the mentorship of Columbia Business School faculty and senior industry mentors
• Operationalize and institutionalize processes across their firms
• Transform the culture of their companies through a shared shift in mindset
• Cultivate a strong professional network of peer Latino entrepreneurs, industry coaches, faculty, and business leaders from across the U.S.
• Position their companies to scale and grow with measurable impact on the firms, employees, and communities
EC-America aims to serve companies that are at an inflection point. Companies must be ready to institutionalize and operationalize their processes as they learn how to create a culture of continuous improvement that will lead to growth and job creation.
Each class will consist of up to 20 companies from diverse industries across the U.S. Each company enrolls with a team of 2-4 decision makers: CEOs, Founders, Managing Directors, COOs, etc. This ensures a shared mindset and a commitment to implementing change within the company.
- An established firm with a scalable business in/ready to enter a growth phase
- US $1M - $20M annual revenue
- 5+ employees
- 5+ years in business
- Majority Latino-owned and operated
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in English
- Intellectual curiosity