Withdrawal/Leave of Absence

The University uses the term withdraw to formally indicate that a student has dropped or will drop all courses for a given term. Withdrawing from the University differs from dropping one or several classes within a given term, because as long as a student retains at least one class, he or she is still considered to be registered for that term.

A withdrawal is done in consultation with the Office of Academic and Student Affairs. A statement will be added to your transcript indicating that you have withdrawn from the University. Depending on the date of withdrawal, you may be entitled to some pro-rated refund of tuition. In most cases, ancillary fees will remain on your account, in addition to a $75 withdrawal fee.

View refund percentages for withdrawal.

It is important to consult with Academic and Student Affairs to be informed of how the withdrawal will affect your standing, degree pursuit, privileges, and conditions for return. Students are also advised to consult the appropriate offices to learn how withdrawal will affect their financial aid and visa status.