Grade Appeals

Students who believe they have been unfairly graded have access to a formal review process. However, it is understood that faculty members have the right to determine grading policies for their classes and the expertise to evaluate student work unless substantive and objective evidence to the contrary is presented. Students should take the following steps to begin the formal grade appeal process:

• The Assistant Dean, Kelley Martin Blanco, should be notified of the student's intent to proceed with a formal review.

• A written statement outlining the disagreement should be submitted to the relevant instructor.

• If denied by the instructor, a written statement should be submitted to Professor Wei Jiang, Vice Dean for Curriculum and Instruction, no later than six months after the grade is received.