- Events and Networking
- CBS Startup Stories
The Athena Fellowship Program provides first hand venture investing experience to Columbia Business School students serious about pursuing a career in VC through experience with the Lang Fund.
Components of the Program
- Invest in student and alumni startups as part of the Lang Fund Selection Process
- Work with and learn from the nationally recognized venture investors & founders of the Lang Fund Advisory Board
- Support the development of other startup and investment programs at CBS and across the wider Columbia University community
- Develop future VC program initiatives at the Lang Center
- Current MBA/EMBA students
- Candidates are assessed based on their passion, curiosity, and dedication to pursuing a career in venture capital
- You must have taken, or be able to take Foundations of Venture Capital (B8439) in the Spring 2021 Block Week
- EMBAs can substitute Entrepreneurial Finance (B7345-100) for (B8439)
- No prior experience in investing, finance, or startups is required
- Oct 20th, 2020 (23:59 EST) - 2021 Athena Fellowship Application Deadline
Note: The application deadline has passed
- Oct 23rd, 2020 - Notification of candidates selected for Final Interviews
- Nov 10th, 2020 - Notification of candidates selected as 2021 Athena Fellows
- Nov 12, 2020 - Deadline for Candidate Acceptance of Fellowship
- Dec 4th, 2020 - Fellowship Welcome Meeting (Tentative)
If you have any general inquiries, or are looking to partner with the Athena Fellowship program, please contact 2021 Managing Directors, Eric Shu ([email protected]) or Justin Clapper ([email protected]).
About the Lang Fund
Established in 1996 with a $1 million gift from Eugene M. Lang, MS '40, the Eugene M. Lang Entrepreneurial Initiative Fund (the ‘Lang Fund’) fosters an entrepreneurial environment at Columbia Business School by providing early stage investing opportunities to qualifying student business initiatives. Learn more about the Lang Fund here.