- Events and Networking
- CBS Startup Stories
Prepares students for a career in venture capital through a two-year intensive program designed to provide the tools and experience necessary to succeed in VC through both academic and experiential learning opportunities.
Components of the Program
- Diligence Investments in student and alumni startups as part of the Lang Fund Selection Process
- Work with and learn from the nationally recognized venture investors & startup founders
- Collaborate with top VC funds to write investment thesis'
- Support the development of other startup and investment programs at CBS and across the wider Columbia University community
- Develop future VC program initiatives at the Lang Center
- Current MBA/EMBA students
- Candidates are assessed based on their passion, curiosity, and dedication to pursuing a career in venture capital
- You must have taken, or be able to take Foundations of Venture Capital (B8439)
- EMBAs can substitute Entrepreneurial Finance (B7345-100) for (B8439)
The application deadline has passed for this upcoming cohort.
Please send all general inquiries about the program to The Lang Center ([email protected]) for the time being.
About the Lang Fund
Established in 1996 with a $1 million gift from Eugene M. Lang, MS '40, the Eugene M. Lang Entrepreneurial Initiative Fund (the ‘Lang Fund’) fosters an entrepreneurial environment at Columbia Business School by providing early stage investing opportunities to qualifying student business initiatives. Learn more about the Lang Fund here.