- Full Year
- Specialty Courses
- Columbia Startup Lab
- News and Ideas
- Community Events
- Connect with Us
- Support Us
About Columbia Startup Lab
Columbia Startup Lab (CSL) is Columbia University’s recent-alumni co-working space located on the ground floor of WeWork Soho West at 69 Charlton Street.
As a partner school, Columbia Business School accepts applications from recent alumni for seats it reserves at the Lab. Resident ventures form a 71-person cohort of entrepreneurs from each of the partner schools. Together they comprise more than 40 startups of which more than 20 are Columbia Business School alumni-founded startups.
Founded in 2013, the Lab has been “corporate headquarters” for more than 250 Columbia-founded ventures and over 350 members in industries from FinTech to Fashion to Food and more. In total, these early-stage companies have raised more than $55M in venture funding and generated exit and acquisition value of $100M. The Lab has become the symbolic nexus for Columbia’s commitment to entrepreneurship.
- Application Period for the 2020-21 cohort: on or about March 2 to April 3
- Information Session: March 4 (12:30pm, Uris 303). Register here.
- CSL Open House: March 26 (69 Charlton St)
CSL is open to recent alumni (five years or less from most recent degree) founders who are committed to working on their new venture full-time.
- Teams must select one Columbia University-affiliated founding member.
- Only one application per team will be considered, regardless of the school in which the founder is affiliated.
- Applications will open on or about March 2, 2020
- Admitted teams may spend up to 1 year in the space.
- The annual turnover of cohorts is the first week of June.
- The space is administered by WeWork and includes furnishings (desk & chair), WiFi, printing, meeting spaces, phone booths, water/coffee, beer, cleaning/maintenance, and access to common facilities across the global WeWork network.
- CSL provides ongoing workshops, office hours, networking events, and community building activities to help resident ventures advance their businesses. All CSL teams are encouraged to participate.
- Columbia University-affiliated tenants are required to commit to a four-month term in the space at a rate of $250 per month/per seat. Non-Columbia University team members will be required to make a contribution of $400 per month/per seat.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Liz Wilkes '13 of Exubrancy shares her experience at Columbia Startup Lab.