- Student Resources
- News and Ideas
- Community Events
- Support Us
About Columbia Startup Lab
Columbia Startup Lab (CSL) is Columbia University’s recent-alumni co-working space located on the ground floor of WeWork Soho West at 69 Charlton Street. It is a cross-school initiative between Columbia Entrepreneurship, Columbia Business School, Columbia Law School, School of Engineering and Applied Science, Columbia College, and the School of International and Public Affairs.
Resident ventures form a 71-person cohort of entrepreneurs from each of the partner schools. Together they comprise more than 40 startups. In its third year, the Lab has been “corporate headquarters” for more than 110 Columbia-founded ventures. To date about 20% of the teams are hiring, raising funding, and are cash flow positive with about 10% driving annual revenue of more than $1M. The Lab has become the symbolic nexus for Columbia’s commitment to entrepreneurship.
- Application Deadline: March 28, 2018
- Business School Interviews will take place on March 28, April 9, 10, and 11
- Decisions will be announced on April 20, 2018
CSL is open to recent alumni (five years or less from most recent degree) founders and their teams from Columbia College, Columbia Engineering, Columbia School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia Business School and Columbia Law School who are committed to working on their venture full-time.
- Teams must select one Columbia University-affiliated founding member, from the above mentioned schools to apply.
- Only one application per team will be considered, regardless of the school in which the founder is affiliated.
The application deadline has passed.
Liz Wilkes '13 of Exubrancy shares her experience at Columbia Startup Lab.