- Events and Networking
- CBS Startup Stories
- Columbia Venture Fellows
About the Entrepreneurial Greenhouse Program
The Entrepreneurial Greenhouse Program is an application-based, accelerator-type course that helps second-year Columbia Business School students propel their business forward. Over the past two decades, 300 companies have successfully completed the program, with many successes such as Flexport, Happy Family Organics, Sharebite, Bloc Power, Wandering Bear, Workrise (formerly RigUp), Otherland, AmperMusic, FSA Store, and more.
Admission is highly selective. The program provides individualized support and guidance throughout the semester, funding for startup-related expenses, access to experts in key fields, and a focus on helping student founders refine their story and approach to investment.
The Greenhouse class also helps many students prepare for their application to the Lang Fund.
- Pitch Day: December 10
Second-year CBS students are eligible to apply. A highly selective screening and pitch process determine acceptance into this class.
The Greenhouse course is for the most advanced and committed founders and founding teams. We look for applicants who:
- Have completed significant customer discovery and their MVP stage
- Are actively engaging with customers
- Are post-launch, or are launching their businesses imminently
***** Teams that are in the customer development/pre-product phase, and have taken Launch Your Startup, should not apply to Greenhouse, but should enroll in: Launch Your Startup II: Customer-Driven Product Optimization (8506B).
Teams applying to Greenhouse will be evaluated on the following (but not limited to) criteria:
- Commitment of founding team
- Founder-product fit
- Coachability of founding team
- Completion of effective customer discovery and MVP
- Active engagement with customers
- Launched or launching imminently
- Feasibility including market assessment
- Competitive insulation and strategic differentiation/advantage
- Quality of presentation
- Knowledge of key elements of the business
1,000 bid points are required for enrollment.
Applications for the Spring ‘22 Greenhouse Program are closed.
Questions? Contact [email protected].