- Full Year
- Specialty Courses
- Columbia Startup Lab
- News and Ideas
- Community Events
- Connect with Us
- Support Us
About the Entrepreneurial Greenhouse Program
The Entrepreneurial Greenhouse Program helps second-year Columbia Business School students prepare their businesses for investment by providing support and guidance throughout the semester, funding for pre-launch expenses, access to experts in key fields, and opportunities to present business concepts to professional investors. In its inaugural year, more than half of the ventures incubated in the Greenhouse were launched by graduation.
During their participation in the class, students consult with seed funders to refine their presentations. Sponsors — which include venture capital firms, Internet incubators, law firms, technology providers, and accounting and consulting firms — provide financial support, pro bono services, and advice.
The Greenhouse class provides seed funders with the opportunity to invest in student projects and also helps many students prepare for application to the Lang Fund Selection Process and ultimately, the Eugene Lang Entrepreneurial Initiative Fund.
- Application Period for Spring 2020: October 8, 2019 - November 4, 2019
- Pitch Day for Finalists: November 22, 2019 at the Design Studio
- Selections Announced: Week of December 2, 2019
Second-year students are eligible to apply. A highly selective screening process determines entrance into this class. Presentations will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Feasibility including market assessment
- Profitability for profit-making ventures/financial sustainability for not for profit ventures
- Competitive insulation and strategic differentiation/advantage
- Risk identification and management
- Passion and commitment of founder(s)
- Quality of presentation
- Knowledge of key elements of the business
Note that while the Greenhouse admission process is stage-agnostic, preference may be given to ventures that have shown initial traction and/or other type of market validation.
1,000 bid points is required for enrollment.
- The application period has passed
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.