- Student Resources
- News and Ideas
- Community Events
- Support Us
The Summer Fellowship Program encourages and enables students to contribute management expertise to growing startup organizations.
The Program supports internships that have a high probability of success for the employer and the student. Employers are expected to invest time and resources into structuring and managing the activities of the summer fellow.
At the end of the summer, each employer will be asked to provide feedback about the Summer Fellowship Program and the student’s impact on the organization through a brief online survey.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through early June or until funds are no longer available.
Company Qualification Criteria:
- Companies acquired by Search Funds in the past two years automatically qualify
- Operational and funded/financed companies with more than five employees, but less than 200
- Consulting, research, brokerage, or investment funds/companies are unacceptable
- Less than $25 million in revenue
- Student interns in company’s primary office location
- Must be entrepreneurial in nature
- Student responsibilities should be clearly defined by the company
- A senior executive internal mentor should be assigned by the company to work with the student on a regular basis
- Work needs to be a full-time commitment during summer
- Operational function or exposure to operational functions preferred
- Responsibilities should not be based solely on research/analysis, and should be articulated carefully and thoroughly in both the application/student memo and the company letter
- Preferably one stipend per company per summer
Student Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated interest in careers at growing early stage companies through course selection, active participation in clubs, or fall and spring term internships
- Adhesion to company selection criteria (above)