- For Individuals
- Comprehensive Management
- Social Enterprise
- Login to My Account
- For Organizations
- Program Finder
- Portfolio Download
- Certificate Paths
- Contact Us
"The convergence of finance and technology has changed the global banking landscape in unprecedented ways. Thus, it’s more critical than ever for financial service leaders to stay ahead of this constantly changing environment."
– The program's Faculty Director Suresh Sundaresan, Chase Manhattan Bank Foundation Professor of Financial Institutions
The banking and financial sectors are witnessing profound changes driven by innovations in technology, regulatory reforms disruptive business models and rising expectations from digitally-empowered consumers. In particular, technological innovation has transformed the financial services industry at an accelerated pace, and further disruption in the future is almost a certainty. The new generation of financial technology — or fintech — business models are affecting many realms of consumer financial services, such as mobile payments, crypto-currencies, foreign exchange, marketplace (online) lending, saving and investing, financial consulting (robo-advisers), and health and life insurance.
It’s imperative for organizations who operate in these sectors to understand and embrace these changes to continue to thrive in this new disruptive landscape. The objective of this program is to provide participants with an understanding of the economic and technological forces driving this change and to learn how to harness them in a responsible way. The Global Banking Program will provide executives with a broad understanding of global markets, strategic management, fintech, digital transformation, and customer strategy.
Program Partner: Eruditus Executive Education is the program partner for Columbia Business School’s Global Banking Program. Prospective participants with questions on the program are encouraged to contact them for further information by email at email@example.com or phone at +91 22-61623112 (India) or +971 44302011 (Dubai) or +65 68714030 (Singapore).
The Global Banking Program is an exceptional way to:
- Understand the latest developments in the global financial services landscape and how traditional models and processes are being disrupted and transformed by changing regulatory frameworks and by innovations in fintech, digital, and analytics
- Combine theory and practice by working on relevant application projects
- Engage with Columbia Business School’s world-class faculty around both their latest research and experience in as areas such as banking, fintech, digital, and analytics
- Increase your network of connections with experienced business people from a wide variety of cultures, nationalities, and backgrounds
- Establish lifelong connections to Columbia Business School by receiving select Columbia Business School alumni beneﬁts
Upon completion of the program, executives earn the following select Columbia Business School alumni benefits:
- A 25 percent tuition benefit for themselves and up to four colleagues each year for full-price Executive Education in-person programs lasting up to seven days and all full-price online programs
- Global Columbia Business School alumni networking opportunities
- Access to Columbia Business School Alumni Career Services resources, including access to unique career content, a job board, an online networking platform, the alumni directory, and more. Download the full list of resources
- Lifetime Columbia Business School forwarding email address
- Subscriptions to the Columbia Business alumni magazine
- Eligibility to join a Columbia Business School alumni club. View the alumni clubs list
The Global Banking Program is an intensive six-months, multi-modular program that prepares global executives to innovate new technologies and business models and lead transformation in the banking and financial services industries. In class sessions take place in New York and London with virtual sessions in between.
- Banks and Fintech Integration
- Cryptocurrency and Blockchain
- Practical Fintech
- Fintech and its Impact on Banking Functions
- Blockchain and Applications
- Cryptoassets and Impact
Strategy and Execution
- Value Investing
- Growth Mindset
- Stress Testing
- Financial Intermediation
- Risk Management: Market / Liquidity
- Global Economic Environment
- Market Microstructure
- Capital Markets – Debt & Sovereign
- Central Banking
- Banking Regulation
- Algorithmic Trading
- Customer Experience in Financial Services
- Marketing of Financial Services
- Retail and Business Banking
- Digital Transformation
- Digital Innovation
- Analytics, Big Data
- Business Analytics
- Project Definition
- Project Work
- Final Project Presentations
For more detailed program information, download the brochure.
The goal of this program is to prepare talented leaders to take on larger and more critical roles within the banking, financial services, fintech, and consulting industries. Participants might come from large- or medium-sized organizations, as well as startups. All the key elements of the program experience — the professors, the content, peer interactions, and application exercises etc. — are designed specifically for executives with:
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Typical Participant Mix
Years of Management Experience
M. Suresh Sundaresan
Chase Manhattan Bank Foundation Professor of Financial Institutions
Columbia Business School
Suresh Sundaresan is the Chase Manhattan Bank Foundation Professor of Financial Institutions at Columbia University. He has worked as a senior strategist at Lehman Brothers in their Fixed Income Division during 1986-1987 and he has consulted full time for Morgan Stanley Asset Management during 2000-2001.
His consulting work focuses on term structure models, swap pricing models, credit risk models, valuation, and risk management. He has conducted training programs for leading investment banks including, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, CSFB and Lehman Brothers. He has served on the Treasury Bond Markets Advisory Committee. He was the resident scholar at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York during 2006 and he has testified before the United States Congress on the transparency of Corporate Bond Markets.
Carson Family Professor of Business, Columbia Business School
Lawrence R. Glosten
S. Sloan Colt Professor of Banking and International Finance, Columbia Business School
Senior Lecturer in Discipline in Business, Columbia Business School
Ann F. Kaplan Professor of Business, Columbia Business School
Ann F. Kaplan Professor of Business, Columbia Business School
Associate Professor of Professional Practice in the Faculty of Business, Columbia Business School
Associate Professor, Columbia Business School
Senior Research Scholar of International and Public Affairs, School of International and Public Affairs
David L. and Elsie M. Dodd Professor of Finance, Columbia Business School
MUTB Professor of International Business, School of International and Public Affairs
Along with the above listed faculty, additional Columbia Business School faculty may contribute to and teach in the program. Faculty lineup is subject to change.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to the program, please complete the online application form.
- Round 1: Oct. 28, 2019 | Fees: 300 USD
- Round 2: Nov. 25, 2019 | Fees: 400 USD
- Round 3: Dec. 23, 2019 | Fees: 500 USD
- Round 4: Jan. 27, 2020 | Fees: 600 USD
Admitted participants will have to pay 20 percent of the program fee within 10 days of their admission to confirm their seat. Please note that if a candidate is admitted and accepts the admission, the application fee will be credited towards the program fee.
Please note that admissions to the program are on a rolling basis.
We strongly recommend that interested participants apply early. The first module of the program takes place in the United States. For those applicants who need a visa to travel to the United States, it is recommended that you apply by the early application deadline to allow sufficient time for your visa processing formalities.