- Benefits & Features
- Student Life
- Student Organizations
- International Students
- The Culture of NYC
- Career Advantages
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Connect with Admissions
- Executive MBA
- Options & Locations
- Student Life
- Career Management
- Connect with EMBA
- Why a Columbia PhD?
- Job Market
- Current Doctoral Students
- Master of Science
- Masters of Science in Accounting and Fundamental Analysis
- Master of Science in Financial Economics
- MS in Marketing Science
- Student Life
- Current Master of Science Students
- Executive Education
- Comprehensive Management
- Social Enterprise
- Programs for Organizations
- Undergraduate Concentration
"The convergence of finance and technology has changed the global banking landscape in unprecedented ways. Thus, it’s more critical than ever for financial service leaders to stay ahead of this constantly changing environment."
– The program's Faculty Director Suresh Sundaresan, Chase Manhattan Bank Foundation Professor of Financial Institutions
The banking and financial sectors are witnessing profound changes driven by innovations in technology, regulatory reforms disruptive business models and rising expectations from digitally-empowered consumers. In particular, technological innovation has transformed the financial services industry at an accelerated pace, and further disruption in the future is almost a certainty. The new generation of financial technology — or fintech — business models are affecting many realms of consumer financial services, such as mobile payments, crypto-currencies, foreign exchange, marketplace (online) lending, saving and investing, financial consulting (robo-advisers), and health and life insurance.
It’s imperative for organizations who operate in these sectors to understand and embrace these changes to continue to thrive in this new disruptive landscape. The objective of this program is to provide participants with an understanding of the economic and technological forces driving this change and to learn how to harness them in a responsible way. The Global Banking Program will provide executives with a broad understanding of global markets, strategic management, fintech, digital transformation, and customer strategy.
Program Partner: Eruditus Executive Education is the program partner for Columbia Business School’s Global Banking Program. Prospective participants with questions on the program are encouraged to contact them for further information by email at email@example.com or phone at +91 22-61623112 (India) or +971 44302011 (Dubai) or +65 68714030 (Singapore).
The Global Banking Program is an exceptional way to:
- Understand the latest developments in the global financial services landscape and how traditional models and processes are being disrupted and transformed by changing regulatory frameworks and by innovations in fintech, digital, and analytics
- Combine theory and practice by working on relevant application projects
- Engage with Columbia Business School’s world-class faculty around both their latest research and experience in as areas such as banking, fintech, digital, and analytics
- Increase your network of connections with experienced business people from a wide variety of cultures, nationalities, and backgrounds
- Establish lifelong connections to Columbia Business School by receiving select Columbia Business School alumni beneﬁts
Participants receive these Columbia Business School alumni benefits upon completing the program:
- Access to Columbia Business School Alumni Career Services resources
- Invitations to alumni events and programs around the world
- Eligibility to join a Columbia Business School alumni club
- A 25 percent tuition benefit for yourself and up to four colleagues each year for programs lasting up to seven days
- Global networking opportunities
- Lifetime Columbia Business School forwarding email address
- Subscriptions to all Columbia Business School alumni publications
The Global Banking Program is an intensive six-months, multi-modular program that prepares global executives to innovate new technologies and business models and lead transformation in the banking and financial services industries. In class sessions take place in New York and London with virtual sessions in between.
- Banks and Fintech Integration
- Block Chain
- Crypto- Currencies and Implications
- Fino and Correspondent Banking
- Telecom Companies and Banks
- Fintech and Regulations
- Cyber – Security & Privacy
Strategy and Execution
- Leading Strategic Change
- Value Investing
- Asset – Liability Management
- Strategic Thinking & Execution in Banking and Financial Services
- Credit Analysis
- Risk Management:
- a) Customer/Credit/Market
- b) Climate Risk & Financing
- Global Economic Environment
- Market Microstructure
- Capital Markets – Debt & Sovereign
- Market Making/Dark Pools
- Data-driven Credit Modelling
- Textual Analysis of Big Data/Insights
- Digital Transformation in Banking and Financial Services
- Consumer Banking
- Customer Experience
- Marketing of Financial Services
- Wealth Management -Family Offices
- Psychology of Consumer Finance
For more detailed program information, download the brochure.
The program is designed for participants from large or medium-sized banking and financial services companies or fintech startups. The program will help talented leaders prepare to take on larger, critical roles within the banking and fintech industries. All the key elements of the program experience — the professors, the content, peer interactions, and application exercises etc. — are designed specifically for executives with:
- A minimum of 10+ years of work experience
- International experience preferred
- An urgent agenda for change
- Confident fluency in written and spoken English
M. Suresh Sundaresan
Chase Manhattan Bank Foundation Professor of Financial Institutions
Columbia Business School
Suresh Sundaresan is the Chase Manhattan Bank Foundation Professor of Financial Institutions at Columbia University. He has worked as a senior strategist at Lehman Brothers in their Fixed Income Division during 1986-1987 and he has consulted full time for Morgan Stanley Asset Management during 2000-2001.
His consulting work focuses on term structure models, swap pricing models, credit risk models, valuation, and risk management. He has conducted training programs for leading investment banks including, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, CSFB and Lehman Brothers. He has served on the Treasury Bond Markets Advisory Committee. He was the resident scholar at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York during 2006 and he has testified before the United States Congress on the transparency of Corporate Bond Markets.
Lawrence R. Glosten
Robert J. Hodrick
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to the program kindly send in the following materials to our program partner, Eruditus, at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadlines:
- The completed GBP application form
- The application fee
- A recent resume or a link to your updated Linkedin profile
Admitted participants will have to pay ten percent of the fee within ten days of their admission to confirm their seat. Please note that if a candidate is admitted and accepts the admission, the application fee is adjusted with the program fee payable.
Please note that admissions to the program are on a rolling basis. We strongly recommend interested participants apply early.
The first module of the program takes place in the United States. For those applicants who need a visa to travel to the US, it is recommended you apply by the early application deadline to allow sufficient time for your visa processing formalities.