- Courses & Students
- Thought Leadership
- Events & Activities
Sajjad Ebrahim '73 joined his family business at the age of 16 whilst still in High School.
He received his Bachelor of Commerce Degree from Karachi University, Pakistan and his MBA from Columbia University, New York in 1973 at the age of 21.
In 1977 he migrated to Canada and bought Par Pak Ltd a company that manufactured plastic food containers that had 20 employees. In 2013 when he sold Par Pak it had 900 employees with operations in Canada, USA and UK.
In 1993 Sajjad Ebrahim '73 received the prestigious, “Canada Award of Business Excellence” in the Entrepreneur, Category.
The Canadian Plastic Industry Association gave him the” Leader of the Year” Award in 2008 and the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2016.
He continues to run his family office, but devotes most of his time to social and philanthropic undertakings such as:
- Help raise over one million Dollars for the construction of the Brampton Civic Hospital in addition to making the single largest individual contribution of $2.5. million to the Peel Memorial Health & Wellness Centre.
- Through I.D.R.F supports various projects in Canada and overseas and also supports the work of Licenced to Learn (L2L) that provides underprivileged students with tutoring support.
- Contributed a substantial amount to the Ronald McDonald House in Hamilton, Canada
- Founded, and serves as the President of the Board of Crescent Village a not for profit housing complex
- Sponsored 20 Syrian Refugee families through Ryerson University
- Serves on the Board of Overseers of the Columbia Business School.
Sajjad Ebrahim '73 is also involved with education, housing, welfare and healthcare in third world countries especially as the principal supporter of The Society for the Prevention and Cure of Blindness in Pakistan which currently performs over 60,000 cataract surgeries annually in the impoverished rural areas of Pakistan. The Society has performed over 1.2 million surgeries since its inception.