- Key Initiatives
- Faculty & Research
- News and Finance Conferences
- Big Data for Better Business Seminar Series
- FinTech Innovation Salon
- ESG and Finance Seminar Series
- No Free Lunch Seminar Series
- Transparency Conference: At What Speed and Cost?
- Systemic Risk Conferences
- Networking Receptions
- Financial Career Events
- 2011-2014 Annual Program for Financial Studies Conferences
The Program for Financial Studies co-sponsors academic conferences, including:
- New Special Study of the Securities Markets - Spring 2017 (attendance by invitation)
Produced by the Program in the Law and Economics of Capital Markets at Columbia Law School, c-directed by Professor Larry Glosten at Columbia Business School.
- Workshop on Systemic Risk - May 4-5, 2015 (attendance by invitation)
The Department of Statistics and the Program for Financial Studies co-sponsored a workshop focused on systemic risk. The workshop was organized by Professor Paul Glasserman at Columbia Business School, and Professor Jose Blanchet in the Department of Statistics at Columbia.
- Conference on "Corporate Governance around the World" - April 3-4, 2014 (attendance by invitation)
The Jerome A. Chazen Institute of International Business sponsored a conference focused on corporate governance practice outside the U.S. as well as governance spillover across country borders. The conference was organized by Professors Wei Jiang and Shang-Jin Wei at Columbia Business School.
- Mathematical Economics and General Equilibrium Conference - October 11-13, 2013 (attendance by invitation)
The National Bureau of Economic Research traditionally sponsors an annual conference focused on mathematical economics and general equilibrium. This year the conference was organized by Professor John Donaldson at Columbia Business School.
- Finance Theory Group Conference - October 5, 2013 (attendance by invitation)
The Finance Theory Group was founded in 2009 to foster theoretical research in the areas of corporate finance, financial institutions, and financial markets. The Ninth Meeting was organized by Professors Martin Oehmke and Tomasz Piskorski at Columbia Business School.
- Mathematical Economics and General Equilibrium Conference - November 19, 2010 (attendance by invitation)
The Program for Financial Studies, along with the University's Center for Applied Probability and Center for Financial Engineering, co-sponsored the Columbia Quantitative Trading and Asset Management Workshop at Columbia University. Over 200 faculty and industry participants attended this successful conference featuring presentations by Professor Kent Daniel, Nobel Laureate Robert Engle, and others.