- Key Initiatives
- Faculty & Research
- News and Finance Conferences
- Big Data for Better Business Seminar Series
- FinTech Innovation Salon
- ESG and Finance Seminar Series
- No Free Lunch Seminar Series
- Transparency Conference: At What Speed and Cost?
- Systemic Risk Conferences
- Networking Receptions
- Financial Career Events
- 2011-2014 Annual Program for Financial Studies Conferences
C.R. Smith Professor of Finance, University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business
Tim Loughran is the C.R. Smith Professor of Finance at the University of Notre Dame. Research areas explored by Professor Loughran include the long-run performance of new issues, payment form in corporate acquisitions, value versus growth investment strategies, and the use of textual analysis to gauge the tone of financial documents. Professor Loughran received a Ph.D. degree from the University of Illinois (Urbana). In 2005, he won the BP Outstanding Professor award and in 2006 received the Outstanding Teacher Award by the Executive M.B.A.s (Chicago). Currently, he is an associate editor at several different journals including the Journal of Financial Economics and Financial Analysts Journal.