- Key Initiatives
- Faculty & Research
- News and Finance Conferences
- Big Data for Better Business Seminar Series
- FinTech Innovation Salon
- ESG and Finance Seminar Series
- No Free Lunch Seminar Series
- Transparency Conference: At What Speed and Cost?
- Systemic Risk Conferences
- Networking Receptions
- Financial Career Events
- 2011-2014 Annual Program for Financial Studies Conferences
This outreach event for both business and law school students, "Capital Structure in Major Corporations," took place on November 11, 2014, featuring Martin Schroeter, Senior Vice President and CFO, IBM, and Professor Laurie Simon Hodrick, A. Barton Hepburn Professor of Economics in the Faculty of Business and Founding Director and Chair of the Advisory Board, Program for Financial Studies.
The event was moderated by Jesse J. Greene, Jr., Senior Fellow at the Richman Center.
Topics covered included: How should a profitable corporation allocate its capital? How much should it hold for reinvestment and how much should be returned shareholders? What is its optimal capital structure?
Link to YouTube video below: