Columbia Business School currently offers a variety of courses in the MBA/EMBA programs relevant to those interested in innovation in financial services and fintech. In addition, new classes with a specific focus on fintech are in the departmental review process and will be posted on a per-semester basis (once approved).
The list below, in no particular order, will provide a general overview of courses students may register for at both Business and Engineering Schools. Cross-registering students should check with their academic advisors and university registrar to ensure proper registration and course credit assignment.
Please note that the list below may not be a complete - given the dynamic nature of courses and that their offering may change from one semester to next, it would be best to consult Columbia Business School Directory of Classes for an up-to-date list of classes for each semester of the academic year.
- B8776: Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies and Digital Tokens Demystified (new)
- B7255: FinTech: Consumer Financial Services
- B8816: Quantitative Pricing & Revenue Analytics (R)
- B8134: Electronic Trading in Modern Limit Order Book Markets (repeat offering in future terms)
- B8495: Entrepreneurship & Innovation in Financial Services: Fintech, Private Equity, and Venture Capital Perspectives (Master Class - on hiatus)
- B8901: The Psychology and Economics of Consumer Finance
- B8431: Creative Destruction in Financial Services (also offered as an Immersion Seminar for the EMBA Program)
- B8421: Quantitative Corporate Finance (Excel)
- B8114: Applied Regression Analysis (Excel) (offered throughout the year for the MBA and EMBA Programs)
- B8112: Quantitative Finance: Models and Computation (Excel & VBA)
- B8136: Introduction to Programming Using Python
- B8138: Intro to Databases for Business Analytics
- B8126: Web App Programming in Python
- B8139: Data Analytics in Python
- B8125: Digital Literacy for Decision Makers
- B8570: Technology Strategy
- B8429: Digital Investing
- B8254: The Digital Economy: Regulatory Conflicts and Opportunities
- B8565: NYC Immersion Seminar: Technology Disruption (repeat offering in future terms)
- B7445: Technology Entrepreneurship (repeat offering in future terms)
Additional courses related to financial technology and financial engineering are available at Columbia Engineering School's Department of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research (IEOR), the Financial Engineering Program (link), and Department of Computer Science (CS). Please consult their respective sites for an up-to-date listings of available classes for each term.