Whether you’ve been working in healthcare for a few years or are new to the field, the Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Management Program (HPM) offers a strong curriculum to help advance your understanding of the industry. Healthcare electives complement Columbia Business School’s world-class MBA curriculum. HPM sets students up for success by equipping them with the knowledge, insights, and expertise needed to tackle the current problems facing the industry.
Courses are taught by a mix of full-time faculty and seasoned healthcare executives and cover critical areas: healthcare delivery, health IT, services, biopharma, medical devices, public policy, entrepreneurship, venture investing and global health. All courses are electives so students can tailor their education to their interests and career goals.
CBS Healthcare Courses
Information on the specific courses currently offered at CBS relevant to our Program can be found in the links below:
- The US Healthcare Industry: Structure and Strategies
- Transforming the Delivery of Healthcare Services
- Innovation in Global Healthcare
- Investing in Medical Technologies
- Applying Healthcare IT and Digital Health (new name)
- Pharmaceutical Drug Commercialization: Strategy & Practice
- Healthcare Venture Capital and Private Equity: HCIT and Services (new name)
- Public Policy and the Healthcare Industry
- Economics of Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
- Strategy and Competition in Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology
Graduate Level Cross -School Courses
We encourage our students to take advantage of the myriad of healthcare courses taught at other Columbia schools that may enhance their knowledge of the field. MBA students may count a combined maximum of 6-credts of graduate-level courses from other Columbia Schools toward the MBA degree. For more information on course offerings at other Columbia schools, visit the University Directory of Classes or Vergil.
Information on the cross-registration procedure for Columbia Business School can be found here.
Dual Degree Programs
Columbia Business School offers students a wide range of dual degree options. Students can combine a Columbia MBA with one of 10 other professional degrees such as public health, medicine, engineering, international affairs, social work, and others. Interested candidates must apply separately to the Business School and the second school or program. Each school makes admission decisions independently.