The Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Management Program (HPM) produces a variety of activities throughout the year, often in collaboration with the Healthcare Industry Association (HCIA), the MBA student healthcare club. Events are also an excellent way for alumni in healthcare to connect, learn, and stay engaged with CBS.
HPM Events over the past year have included:
- Connecting with Healthcare Leaders: How I Wound Up in Healthcare... and Why You Might Too!
- The Drug Pricing Debate: All Sides Considered
- MD/MBA Event: Global Healthcare Innovations and Investment Challenges and Opportunities
- Healthcare Leadership Speaker Series: Will Amazon/JP Morgan/Berkshire Hathaway Disrupt Healthcare Delivery & Costs?
- AI in Healthcare Panel (Photos)
- The Complex World of Drug Pricing Panel (Video & Photos)
Thurs, Sept 17 | 4 PM ET
Building a Health Equity Culture with Dr. Uche Blackstock
Tues, Sept 29 | 3 PM ET
Can Pharma Find Reputation Redemption?
- John Breen, kyu
- Rob Jekielek, The Harris Poll
- Michael Sneed, Johnson & Johnson
- Sally Susman, Pfizer
- Bunny Ellerin, CBS (Moderator)
Annual CBS Healthcare Conference
The annual Columbia Business School Healthcare Conference is co-hosted by HPM and HCIA. Always a highlight of the year, the event attracts hundreds of CBS students, alumni, faculty, industry executives, entrepreneurs and professionals from across the healthcare ecosystem.
Save the Date: The 16th Annual CBS Healthcare Conference will take place on Friday, February 28, 2020 at Convene, NYC.
Watch the 2019 Heathcare Conference Highlights.
HCIA brings healthcare CEOs, industry thought leaders, investors and executives to campus throughout the year to discuss their careers and provide current perspectives. Students connect with these leaders over breakfast, lunch-time talk or evening panel. These events broaden students’ exposure to healthcare trends and complement the learning that occurs in the classroom. HCIA also organizes excursions to potential employers - site visits in the New York area and an annual trek to San Francisco during Winter Break to visit West Coast healthcare companies.
Alumni Networking Events
Alumni working across the healthcare ecosystem engage with us, students, and each other through HPM-sponsored events, often in conjunction with HCIA or the Office of Alumni Relations. Events over the past year have included:
- Annual Cocktail Party during the JP Morgan Conference in San Francisco
- HPM's 10 Year Anniversary Celebration in New York
- Tri-School Healthcare Mixer (Columbia Business School, Harvard Business School, Wharton )
- Introducing HPM to alumni in Houston & Dallas
- Healthcare Panel at CBS Reunion