- Forgot Your Password?
- Choosing a Laptop
- Network and Wireless Services
- Orientation Information
- OneDrive For Business
- Information and Infrastructure Committee (IIC)
- Student FAQ
- Faculty Computing Committee
- Windows 10
- Faculty FAQ
- OneDrive For Business
- Travel Tips for Mobile Device Use
- Information Security
- Useful Downloads
Features / Benefits:
- The Calendar Feed offers a synchronized calendar to be displayed in your Outlook or ICS-enabled device, which you can ‘overlay’ on the calendar you already use
- That new calendar will have appointments for class times, assignments and other items from the Canvas or COIN calendars, and make those accessible in any ICS-enabled device without having to log in to Canvas or COIN
- The Canvas calendar items will also contain Event data which frequently includes assignment readings and relevant course information
- With the exception of Outlook 2011 (the Mac OS version), the feed only needs to be added once; afterwards, it will reflect any changes to your course calendars, even from semester to semester
Things to Keep in Mind:
- The new calendar through these ICS feeds is an independent calendar, it needs to be added to each device or portal (e.g., Google Calendar) where you want to view the information
- This will not update your current calendar, instead it provides a second calendar which you can overlay over your current calendar
- ICS will not update while you are offline. Although the ICS feed provides a great benefit for students to know when events are happening and assignments are due, it does not replace the Canvas / COIN and students should always refer to Canvas or COIN for the most up-to-date and accurate information.
Retrieve Your ICS Link:
- To add your Canvas calendar events to your local clients, log in to Canvas (https://canvas.gsb.columbia.edu), and find the "Calendar Feed" link in the Calendar tab, lower right-hand side.
- To add the calendar with COIN events to your local client / application, you will first have to retrieve your ICS link. Please note that you will need to already have items in your COIN calendar before the ICS is generated for your account, which can take a few weeks from the start of the semester. You can view your ICS link, by logging in to https://www0.gsb.columbia.edu/cms/cas/coin/coin_ics_link.cfm.
Canvas / COIN ICS Subscription Help
Once you have the link, you can use it in each one of your devices as follows: