- Center Director
- Faculty and Staff
- Student Leadership and Ethics Board
- Advisory Board
- Dean's Message
- Contact Us
- Alumni Insights
- IBS Curriculum
- The Botwinick Prize in Business Ethics
- The Paul M. Montrone Seminar Series on Ethics
- The KPMG Peat Marwick / Stanley R. Klion Forum
- Annual Leadership Conference
- Innovation and the Value of Privacy
- Restoring Trust: New Realities and New Possibilities for Business Leadership
- Conscious Capitalism: How Ethical Executives Move the Needle Forward, One Business Decision at a Time
- Lucy Quist: A Global Role Model for Business Leadership
- Two Industry Pioneers Lead the Change for Clean Energy
- The Great Debate on the Ethics of Pricing in the Drug Industry
- Leading With Courage: Top Industry Trailblazers Discuss Pathways to Restoring Trust in Business
- Bernstein Debates
- Did The Global Financial Crisis Destroy Europe's Social Bargain?
- Profit Versus Purpose in Financial Markets
- Post Election Analysis
- Are Companies too Short Term and is it Bad?
- Prediction, Your Genes, and the End of Privacy
- Are we Toast(ed)?
- How Good is Our Research: A Statistician's View on the Medical Sciences
- The Commons and Homo Economics
- Diversity and Inclusion for All
- Leadership and Ethics Week
- Events Calendar
- Support Us
Join us for the 2018 Klion Forum featuring Arianna Huffington, founder and CEO of Thrive Global; founder of The Huffington Post; and author of fifteen books, including international best sellers Thrive and The Sleep Revolution.
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
The Italian Academy, Columbia University
Hors d'œuvres and refreshments will be provided at 6:00 p.m.
Arianna Huffington Biography
Arianna Huffington is the founder of The Huffington Post, the founder and CEO of Thrive Global, and the author of 15 books, including, most recently, Thrive and The Sleep Revolution. In May 2005, she launched The Huffington Post, a news and blog site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet. In August 2016, she launched Thrive Global, a corporate and consumer well-being and productivity platform with the mission of changing the way we work and live by ending the collective delusion that burnout is the price we must pay for success.
She has been named to Time Magazine's list of the world’s 100 most influential people and the Forbes Most Powerful Women list. Originally from Greece, she moved to England when she was 16 and graduated from Cambridge University with an M.A. in economics. At 21, she became president of the famed debating society, the Cambridge Union.
She serves on numerous boards, including Uber and The Center for Public Integrity.
Her last two books, Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder and The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night At A Time, both became instant international bestsellers. She is a mother, sister, flat shoe advocate, and sleep evangelist.
For more information, please contact Shirley Sheung at email@example.com or 212.854.1205.
About the Klion Forum
The annual KPMG Peat Marwick / Stanley R. Klion Forum invites business and policy leaders to share their experiences resolving the major ethical, social and economic challenges of our times. Each year, the Forum touches upon pressing subject matters and allows the Columbia Business School community to enter into vibrant public discussion about ethical and positive solutions to national and global issues.
Past Speakers Include:
President and CEO
Campbell Soup Company
Ellen Oran Kaden
Senior Vice President, Retired
Campbell Soup Company
Estée Lauder Companies
Sir Ronald Cohen
Portland Trust and Bridge Ventures
Patricia M Cloherty
Chairman, CEO Emeritus, Delta Private Equity Partners LLC
Manager, US Russia Investment Fund
Author, The End of Power
Fmr Editor in Chief, Foreign Policy
Federal Reserve Board
Anne M Busquet '78
AMB Advisors New York
Retired Chairman, CEO
Dr P Roy Vagelos '54PS '83PS
Fmr Chairman, CEO, Merck & Co Inc.