- IBS Curriculum
- The Botwinick Prize in Business Ethics
- The Paul M. Montrone Seminar Series on Ethics
- The KPMG Peat Marwick / Stanley R. Klion Forum
- Annual Leadership Conference
- Restoring Trust
- Conscious Capitalism: How Ethical Executives Move the Needle Forward, One Business Decision at a Time
- Lucy Quist: A Global Role Model for Business Leadership
- Two Industry Pioneers Lead the Change for Clean Energy
- The Great Debate on the Ethics of Pricing in the Drug Industry
- Leading With Courage: Top Industry Trailblazers Discuss Pathways to Restoring Trust in Business
- Innovation and the Value of Privacy
- Restoring Trust
- Bernstein Debates
- Diversity and Inclusion for All
- Leadership and Ethics Week
- Events Calendar
- Support Us
Arnold Chavkin is Executive Partner at J.P. Morgan Partners. JPMP is J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.’s $25 billion global private equity fund. Chavkin specializes in Asian markets. The firm has stakes in a variety of industries and typically invests $5 million-$20 million, and usually takes a seat on the company’s board. JPMP participates in venture capital rounds, management buyouts and recapitalization, and industry roll-ups. The firm’s recent efforts to raise capital for what could be the largest private-equity fund ever have been hampered by the collapse of several “New Economy” investments, including Internet portal StarMedia Network.
Prior to joining JPMP, Mr. Chavkin was a member of Chemical Bank’s merchant banking group and a generalist in its corporate finance group specializing in mergers and acquisitions and private placements for the energy industry. His experience prior to Chemical Bank included corporate development for Freeport McMoRan as well as positions with Gulf and Western Industries and Arthur Young & company.
Mr. Chavkin is a Certified Public Accountant. He received his BA and MBA from Columbia. Chavkin’s wife, Laura Chang, also received her MBA from Columbia Business School in 1977. Laura is the retired President of Citicorp Securities’ Private Client Services.