- Center Director
- Faculty and Staff
- Student Leadership and Ethics Board
- Advisory Board
- Dean's Message
- Contact Us
- Alumni Insights
- IBS Curriculum
- The Botwinick Prize in Business Ethics
- The Paul M. Montrone Seminar Series on Ethics
- The KPMG Peat Marwick / Stanley R. Klion Forum
- Annual Leadership Conference
- Innovation and the Value of Privacy
- Restoring Trust: New Realities and New Possibilities for Business Leadership
- Conscious Capitalism: How Ethical Executives Move the Needle Forward, One Business Decision at a Time
- Lucy Quist: A Global Role Model for Business Leadership
- Two Industry Pioneers Lead the Change for Clean Energy
- The Great Debate on the Ethics of Pricing in the Drug Industry
- Leading With Courage: Top Industry Trailblazers Discuss Pathways to Restoring Trust in Business
- Bernstein Debates
- Did The Global Financial Crisis Destroy Europe's Social Bargain?
- Profit Versus Purpose in Financial Markets
- Post Election Analysis
- Are Companies too Short Term and is it Bad?
- Prediction, Your Genes, and the End of Privacy
- Are we Toast(ed)?
- How Good is Our Research: A Statistician's View on the Medical Sciences
- The Commons and Homo Economics
- Diversity and Inclusion for All
- Leadership and Ethics Week
- Events Calendar
- Support Us
David is the President of Working Values, Ltd. and a Senior Vice-President of SmartPros Ltd. (trading symbol: PED), the professional education firm that acquired Working Values in 2003. Since founding Working Values in 1993 as a strategic communications and learning agency, David has become a recognized thought leader in the emerging field of values-based ethics and integrity risk management. Working Values has maintained a cherished reputation as an innovator of new approaches to raise the awareness of ethics and values in major organizations through consulting with senior leaders on the deployment of integrity-based processes and the development of interactive ethics and compliance training programs.
A business lawyer by training, David received his Juris Doctor from the University of California in Davis. As an attorney in private practice, David gained extensive experience in both bank regulatory and software licensing issues. David worked in Israel for CBS Records International as Director of Business Affairs, and as a staff lawyer for El Al Israel Airlines. David became familiar with the regulatory and compliance issues of public companies while serving as Corporate Counsel for Gamma International Ltd.
As the company’s senior practice leader and strategist, David works with clients to assess program goals and articulate the links between the organization’s values and the behaviors required to implement those values. David is the creator of the Integrity Alignment™ Process, a methodology used by companies to close the gap between behaviors and company standards. David’s work has benefited clients such as ScottsMiracle-Gro, The Boeing Company, Duke Energy, Coors Brewing Company, Raytheon, Reebok, Pharmacia Corporation, among others.
David is a noted speaker on ethics and values and their role in the workplace. David has been interviewed on CNN and CNBC and has led senior -manager workshops for clients world-wide and has led numerous sessions at audit, communications, and ethics conferences, including the Conference Board of Canada, IABC, SCCE, AICP, and workshops at the Ethics Officer Association Annual Conference for the past four years. In 2003 and 2004 David led seminars on Business Ethics in Tel Aviv, Israel sponsored by the Business Ethics Center of Jerusalem, for which David serves on its International Advisory Committee. In September 2004 David presented a workshop to the NCAA Division 1 Athletic Directors on integrity and ethics in athletic department management.
In 2003 David became a Research Fellow at the Center for Business Ethics at Bentley College in Waltham, Massachusetts to further his research in systems and processes to help organizations reduce risks to their reputation and develop ethical cultures.