- Academic Essentials
- Academic Support
- Records & Registration
- Student Life
- Mailing Lists
- Alumni Relations
- Posting on the Lobby Screens
- Student Leader Resources
- Career Management Center
- Financial Aid
- The Office of Student Affairs
Please refer to the information below regarding speaker resources for conference planning. This is also helpful for event planning.
For full policies, procedures and other information please reference the SLG Conference Guide.
It is recommended to review the prior to outreach.
- All prospective conference speakers, alumni and non-alumni, must be vetted through External Relations prior to outreach.
- External Relations will approve speaker requests and provide contact information or facilitate an invitation where possible; in addition, External Relations can suggest prospective alumni speakers for conference keynote and panelist slots, depending on the needs of the conference.
- Keynote speaker outreach should begin 6 – 8 months prior to the conference
- All speakers should be secured at least one month before the conference in order to allow sufficient time to extend invitations and secure prominent speakers. Keynote invitations must be proofed and approved by External Relations prior to being extended. Please allow 48 hours for approval.
- Only one invitation can be extended per open speaking slot and External Relations should be notified of speaker responses as they are received.
- Last minute cancellations on speakers and guests should not happen and are frowned upon. If circumstances require an event to be cancelled or postponed please ensure you work with External Relations for recommendations.
- External Relations can assist with marketing your conference to the alumni community through the bi-monthly alumni newsletter, the official Columbia Business School Alumni LinkedIn group, and alumni discussion boards.
- Student groups can also request a list of conference-affiliated alumni and may promote the conference through three emails to that group, maximum, including a save the date email.
- External Relations will include the conference on the alumni calendar and will send out one additional invitation to the Board of Overseers members and special targeted alumni.
- Communications to the alumni community must be proofed and approved by External Relations prior being sent. Please allow 72 hours for approval.
- Conference programs must be proofed and approved by External Relations and the Office of Student Affairs prior to going to print; all alumni must be designated with their class year (e.g. Leon Cooperman ’67) in all printed materials. Please allow 72 hours for approval.