You are here
Speakers & Panels
Charles Collier '98, President and General Manager, AMC
Throughout the year, the Media Management Association organizes a variety of speaker events including small lunch sessions with a professor or media executive, larger speaker events at lunchtime or in the evening, and panel discussions.
2013-2014 Speaker Events:
- September 17 — Jeff Zucker, President CNN Worldwide
- September 30 — Charlie Collier '98, President & General Manager AMC
- October 22 — Matt Blank, Chairman & CEO Showtime
- February 6 — Ron Meyer, Vice Chairman, NBCUniversal
Past speaker events:
- Media M & A Panel featuring William Bardeen, SVP of The New York Times, James Burtson, SVP of Time Warner, and David Shaw, Treasurer and SVP of Thomson Reuters
- Glenn Britt, CEO Time Warner Cable
- Jimmy Soni, Managing Editor of the Huffington Post Media Group
- James Schamus, CEO Focus Features
- Nick Denton, Gawker founder and President
- Julian Brodsky, Co-Founder of Comcast and Comcast Venture
- Lunchtime Discussion with Columbia Business and Law Association: Tom Rogers (CLS ’79), CEO and President, TiVo, Inc. and Founder of CNBC
- Lunchtime Discussion with MMA, Gil Schwartz, SVP and Chief Communications Officer, CBS
- Evening Speaker: Yoichi Wada, President and CEO, Square Enix Holdings Company on "Video Games & the Shaping of Industrial Transformation"
- Lunch & Learn, Ira Deutchman, Professor of Professional Practice, Graduate Film Division of the School of the Arts at Columbia University and Managing Partner of Emerging Pictures
- Lunch & Learn, Sandra Schulberg, Adjunct Professor, Graduate Film Division of the School of the Arts at Columbia University
- Luncheon Panel "Is Big Media Bad" with Columbia University Professors Jonathan Knee, Eli Noam, James Stewart, and Timothy Wu
- Luncheon Speaker, Brian Murray, CEO Harper Collins
- Luncheon Speaker, Jeff Zucker, President & CEO, NBC Universal
- Luncheon Speaker, Eric Hippeau, CEO, Huffington Post
- Luncheon Speaker, Henry Blodget, CEO, Business Insider
- Evening Speaker, Dan Doctoroff, President, Bloomberg LP
- Evening Speaker, Chris Laughlin, CEO, TravelZoo
- Luncheon Speaker, Tom Dooley, COO, Viacom
- Evening Speaker, Matt Egol '98, VP, Booz & Company
Mark Thompson, President & CEO, The New York Times Company (by invitation only)
John Sykes, President, Clear Channel Entertainment Enterprises (by invitation only)
Mentoring breakfast with Alan Stein '05, Global Head of Advertising Technology, Media Services, Google (by invitation only)
New York City Media Seminar Series: Tamas David-Barrett (Oxford University)
John Skipper, President, ESPN & Co-Chairman, Disney Media Networks, shares his insights into how to succeed in the media business.
NYC Media Seminars
Linking economists working on media topics in the greater New York area by providing a regular forum for discussion.
Miklos on Media: Featured Blog
Movie Piracy & Innovation Studios have long claimed that piracy "kills" innovation, which will ultimately hurt consumers. A new paper may suggest otherwise.