- Deal Camp '20
- Alston & Bird Alumni Discussion Series
- Annual Private Equity & Venture Capital Conference
- KKR Diversity, Inclusion and Innovation Competition
- Events Archive
- For Students
Private Equity and Healthcare - Alumni EventSeptember 24, 2013
The Private Equity Program's September 24, 2013 alumni networking event and panel discussion on industry trends in Healthcare. Now in its third year, the Private Equity Program's networking and panel discussion series is hosted by Alston & Bird LLP.
Donna M. Hitscherich `90, moderated the discussion with panelists Tracy L. Bahl `04, Special Advisor, General Atlantic; David Common `85, Managing Director and Head of North American High Yield Credit Research, JP Morgan; Tim Cook `11, Vice President, General Atlantic; Stacy Evans `11, Senior Director - Business Development at Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, Anand Marathe `07, Vice President in the Barclays Healthcare Group and Mark F. McElreath, Partner at Alston & Bird LLP.
Restructuring PanelApril 3, 2013
This event will be part of our series hosted by Alston & Bird LLP since 2011. This series of programs is designed to offer an overview of topics of interest to those alumni in the private equity industry. The formal program starts at 6:30 PM with an opportunity to network with fellow alumni during a reception starting at 7:30 PM.
Private Equity Program Director, Donna M. Hitscherich `90, will moderate the panel discussion with panelists Evan Blum`91, Principal at GlassRatner; Kenneth A. Buckfire `87, Managing Director at Miller Buckfire; Daniel E. Flores `02, Managing Director at GoldenTree Asset Management LP; Michael Livanos `08, Vice President at Barclays Restructuring Group and Will S. Sugden, Partner at Alston & Bird.
Coast to Coast: The Venture Capital Landscape from the Alley to the ValleyMarch 18, 2013
This Palo Alto, CA panel focused on the Venture Capital (VC) industry and its differences from coast to coast. The event was held as part of the EMBA Americas Program with External Relations and the Private Equity Program. It drew together a panel of Industry leaders in VC to discuss the current state of VC industry, and at the same time highlight the differences between investing in the Silicon Valley area, vs. New York’s “Silicon Alley.”
Donna Hitscherich ’90, Director of Columbia Business School’s Private Equity Program, moderated lively panel featuring Gustavo Alberelli ’08, Managing Director at Trident Capital; Stacey Bishop ’98, Managing Director at Scale Venture Partners; JJ Freitag ’06, COO of SlideRocket; Mark Huang ’96, Partner, Novus Energy Partners; and Brett Rochkind ’07, Managing Director of General Atlantic.
19th Annual Private Equity & Venture Capital Conference - "Creating Value in a Shifting Landscape"February 15, 2013
Featured Keynote Speakers & Moderators include:
- Mark Gallogly - Co-Founder and Managing Principal, Centerbridge Partners, L.P.
- Howard Marks - Chairman, Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.
- David Faber – Reporter and Co-Host, CNBC;
- Jason Kelly – Private Equity Reporter, Bloomberg News
- Dan Primack, Senior Editor, Fortune;
- The Leveraged Buyout in 2013
- The LP-GP Mandate
- Private Equity & Venture Capital in Emerging Markets
- Turnaround & Distressed
- Venture Capital: Rush to Early Stage
- Middle Market: The Operational Drive
- The Evolving Role of Late Stage VC & Growth Equity
- Beyond Traditional PE Investing: The Secondary & Direct Investment Opportunity Today
- Real Estate Private Equity