- For Students
“Creating Value in Dynamic Markets”
The 22nd Annual Conference was held on February 19th, 2016 at the Marriott Marquis in New York.
Each year, the conference attracts hundreds of industry leaders and professionals from across the PE and VC landscape, as well as many CBS faculty, alumni and students. The 2016 Conference featured keynote addresses from distinguished speakers including David Rubenstein (Co-Founder and Co-CEO of The Carlyle Group), Wayne Berman (Senior Advisor for Global Government Affairs at The Blackstone Group), Anton Levy ’03 (Managing Director and Head of Global Internet and Technology Sector at General Atlantic), Molly Ashby (Founder, Chairman and CEO of Solera Capital), and Arif Naqvi (Founder and Group Chief Executive of The Abraaj Group). These speakers were joined by an impressive lineup of panelists leading discussions on a number of key industry issues.
Panel topics included:
- LBOs: Finding Rich Opportunities Amidst Fierce Competition
- Managing Targets and Expectations in a Dynamic Environment
- Creating Value in Portfolio Companies Through Different Operating Models
- Driving Returns in the Face of Weakening Economies
- Changes in the Venture Landscape
- The Next Real Estate Bubble: When and How to Mitigate Risks
- Search Funds: A Case Study and Perspectives from Entrepreneurs and Investors
- Current Trends in Strategic Minority Investments in PE Firms
Student Conference Team
Molly Ashby, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Solera Capital