- For Students
Dear Columbia Business School Alumni:
As a member of the finance faculty and the Director of the Private Equity Program here at the Columbia Business School, I am writing you today to ask your assistance with important research that Professor Damon Phillips, Lambert Family Professor of Social Enterprise and I are undertaking.
In the spirit of the School’s mission to bridge theory and practice, the Private Equity Program is collaborating with Professor Phillips, to conduct research exploring the attitudes / preferences among the five generations in today’s workplace on a variety of topics ranging from life and technology to career progression and aspirations.
The results of our research aim to:
- promote a better understanding and ability to work productively together among the generations in today’s workforce
- provide you with better prepared prospective employees and
- assist our current MBA students better navigate a today’s multi-generational workforce
As a participant in the survey, we anticipate sharing the results of our research with you. We have already surveyed our MBA and EMBA student populations on the same topics, and with your help we look forward to launching our next phase – surveying the MBA and EMBA alumni of the School.
So how can you participate? Visit this link and authenticate with your @gsb.columbia.edu email address:
TAKE THE SURVEY HERE! (external link to MSI International, the survey administrator)
Donna M. Hitscherich
Senior Lecturer in the Discipline of Business
Finance and Economics
Director Private Equity Program
Room 313 Uris Hall
Damon J. Phillips
James P. Gorman Professor of Business Strategy
717 Uris Hall
E-mail: [email protected]
This survey operates under the conditions of Columbia University’s Institutional Review Board:
- Your survey responses are completely confidential. MSI International, a global market research firm, has been engaged to administer the survey on our behalf. MSI will delete any personally identifiable information (“PII”) that could tie you to your responses prior to providing us with the survey data (e.g. , your email address necessary to log-in to take the survey).
- MSI will identify survey respondents only by the unique identification number assigned when a respondent takes the survey with any linkage of PII to the unique identification number held in a separate file on MSI’s secure servers. The researchers will not have access to any identifiable information.
- Your email address is required to insure the integrity of the data collection process such that a survey is taken only once by an individual. It will be stored on a secure server account at MSI and deleted at the close of the survey along with any other PII.
- The survey will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
- If cookies are enabled on your machine, you can come back and finish later.
- Participation to the survey is voluntary. If you choose not to participate there will be no repercussions to you. All responses are completely confidential to ensure there are no risks from being involved. There will be no direct benefit (e.g., compensation) to you. If at any time you have comments regarding the conduct of this research or questions about your rights as a research participant, you should contact the Columbia University Institutional Review Board (IRB) Administrator at (212) 851-7040, or [email protected]