You are here
The program director will work with students to develop a proposed course of study. Vice Dean and Samberg Faculty Director Amir Ziv will provide final approval regarding specific courses. Upon the direction of Professor Ziv, the Doctoral Program Office will enroll students in the approved classes.
Requirements include enrollment in the Columbia Senior Executive Program, six full-semester courses, and a writing project.
Subject topics in the six full-semester courses could include:
- Leadership (1/2 Semester)
- Strategy Formulation (1/2 Semester)
- Managing Organizational Change (1/2 Semester)
- Power and Influence (1/2 Semester)
- Leading Social Capital (1/2 Semester)
- Leadership and Organizational Change
- Entrepreneurship in Large Enterprises
- Strategic Intuition
- Top-Management Processes
- Modern Political Economy
- Managerial Decision Making
The Columbia Senior Executive Program, a four-week residential comprehensive management program for senior executives, counts toward 160 hours of class time, which is the equivalent of three semester-long courses.
Final writing project with supervision by faculty members.