- Benefits & Features
- Student Life
- Student Organizations
- International Students
- The Culture of NYC
- Student Profiles
- Career Advantages
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Connect with Admissions
- Executive MBA
- Options & Locations
- Student Life
- Career Management
- Connect with EMBA
- Why a Columbia PhD?
- Job Market
- Current Doctoral Students
- Master of Science
- Masters of Science in Accounting and Fundamental Analysis
- Master of Science in Financial Economics
- MS in Marketing Science
- Student Life
- Current Master of Science Students
- Executive Education
- Comprehensive Management
- Social Enterprise
- Programs for Organizations
- Undergraduate Concentration
- Pre-Doctoral Research
Columbia Business School seeks to recruit several full-time Research Associates (RAs) for the Office of the Dean to assist with faculty research in the Accounting, Decision Risk & Operations, Finance and Economics (F&E), Management, and Marketing divisions.
Under the guidance of Columbia Business School faculty, the RA will take an active role in on-going research projects in various stages from conception through publication. The work may include, but is not limited to: quantitative and qualitative research and analysis, coordination and management of information and data, development of teaching materials, and work on special projects.
This position provides an opportunity to gain experience in academic or business research, with a special focus on fields such as accounting, finance, statistics, operations, risk management, and would be ideal preparation for a PhD program or other graduate study.
This position offers salary commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and excellent benefits. For further information, visit http://hr.columbia.edu/benefits.
Job Duties may include:
- Develop models and implement program code (STATA, R, SAS, Matlab, , etc.)
- Perform statistical analysis, including regression analysis.
- Collect, clean, and maintain computer data sets and databases. Assist with data entry and ensure data integrity. Extract and link data from multiple databases for analysis. Prepare detailed documentation.
- Assist with data analysis and dissemination of findings through the preparation of reports, journal articles, presentations, web sites, and other research outlets.
- Perform case-based research, including work with detailed primary documents.
- Assist in the organization of research programs including conferences, seminars and workshops, and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Prepare presentations for teaching and research projects.
- Monitor the status of multiple projects and ensure that interim and final deadlines are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required.
Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communications skills needed. Strong programming and quantitative skills required. Must be organized and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Candidates must demonstrate either through prior work experience or academic course study an aptitude and enthusiasm for research.
Major in economics or finance, or in a quantitative discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, or Statistics preferred. Advanced coursework/training in statistics and/or mathematics desired. Coursework in finance and/or economics preferable. Work experience in a research role, preferably in academic environment. Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: STATA, SAS, Mathematica, Matlab, Python, C++, or SQL preferred.