- Benefits & Features
- Student Life
- Student Organizations
- International Students
- The Culture of NYC
- Student Profiles
- Career Advantages
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Connect with Admissions
- Executive MBA
- Options & Locations
- Student Life
- Career Management
- Connect with EMBA
- Why a Columbia PhD?
- Job Market
- Current Doctoral Students
- Pre-Doctoral Research Opportunities
- Master of Science
- Masters of Science in Accounting and Fundamental Analysis
- Master of Science in Financial Economics
- MS in Marketing Science
- Student Life
- Current Master of Science Students
- Executive Education
- Comprehensive Management
- Social Enterprise
- Programs for Organizations
- Undergraduate Concentration
Summer Research Internship 2018- Applications Now Available
This highly-selective program provides the interns with the opportunity to work on a research project with CBS’ leading faculty and researchers in finance, economics, marketing, management, decision sciences, operations, accounting, and data analytics.
Columbia Business School is seeking outstanding applications for the 2018 Summer Research Internship program. The highly selective program provides an intellectually stimulating environment and exposes the students to the world of business research. Several of the top interns have gone on to leading MS and PhD programs in Management, Marketing, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, and Data Sciences. Many been selected to join CBS full-time as a full-time Research Associate.
Under the guidance of Columbia Business School's leading faculty, interns will take an active role on a research project in one of the following areas: finance, economics, marketing, management, decision sciences, operations, accounting, and data analytics.
This is a multi-disciplinary program and candidates from all backgrounds, including business, statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, the physical sciences, and the social and behavioral sciences are encouraged to apply.
Prospective interns must have the following qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for research and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics and/or econometrics
- Strong programming skills are required for most projects
- Familiarity with statistical and computational software packages (such as Matlab, R, STATA), scripting languages such as Python, or general programming languages
- Behavioral projects require knowledge of SPSS and experience in performing psychological experiments and coding tasks
The internship program is designed for undergraduate students in their sophomore or junior year and first year Masters students. Exceptional students from other classes are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The program runs from May 29, 2018 – August 4, 2018 (final dates to be determined). On-campus housing and a stipend will be provided.
The Application Deadline is 11:59pm EST on March 1, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The application process is highly competitive, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.