- MBA Real Estate Program
- Real Estate Symposium 2021
- Past Symposia
- Real Estate Alumni Reception
- Real Estate Capital Markets Conference
- Real Estate Alumni Career Breakfasts
- Real Estate Lunch Speaker Series
- Panel Discussions and Featured Speakers
- Other Events
- Careers in Real Estate Workshop Series
- Research & Media
- Areas of Research
- Public Policy Proposals
- Debt Relief and Real Economy
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives
- Executive Education
The 8th annual Real Estate Symposium, an exclusive alumni-only educational forum, took place on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at the Columbia University Club of New York.
Barry S. Sternlicht, Chairman and CEO of Starwood Capital Group, delivered the opening keynote, and Thomas J. Barrack, Jr., Founder and Executive Chairman of Colony Capital, delivered the closing address.
Please see photos from the sold out event here.
- Opening Remarks and Keynote Address
- How Long Can This Real Estate Cycle Last?
- Trends in Development
- Emerging Real Estate Uses and Market Disruptors
- Closing Address
2015 Steering Committee
Cia Buckley Marakovits ’93, Dune Real Estate Partners (chair); Tommy Craig ’82, Hines; Gideon Gil ’00, Cushman & Wakefield; Kate Kerrigan, Columbia Business School; Michael Lehrman ’90, CCRE; Steve McGuire ’11, M&T Bank; Scott Meyer ’14, LeFrak; David Neithercut ’82, Equity Residential; David Sherman ’82, Metropolitan Real Estate.
2015 Schedule of Events
Keynote speaker: Barry S. Sternlicht, Chairman and CEO, Starwood Capital Group
Opening Remarks: Lynne B. Sagalyn, Columbia Business School, and Cia Buckley Marakovits ’93, Dune Real Estate Partners and chair, 2015 Real Estate Symposium Steering Committee
How Long Can This Real Estate Cycle Last?
Trends in Development
Emerging Real Estate Uses and Market Distruptors
Closing Address: Thomas J. Barrack, Jr., Founder and Executive Chairman, Colony Capital
REA Alumni Happy Hour
Panelists and Moderators
- Joshua Abram, NeueHouse
- Dean Adler, Lubert-Adler Partners
- Linda M. Assante, Jasper Ridge Partners
- MaryAnne Gilmartin, Forest City Ratner Companies
- Nancy Lashine '81, Park Madison Partners
- Paul E. Pariser ’78, Taconic Investment Partners
- Seth Pinsky, CC ’93, RXR Realty
- Robert Reffkin ’03, Compass
- William C. Rudin, Rudin Management Co.
- David Sherman ’82, Metropolitan Real Estate
- Darcy Stacom, CBRE