- MBA Real Estate Program
- 2020 Real Estate Symposium
- Real Estate Alumni Reception
- Real Estate Capital Markets Conference
- Real Estate Alumni Career Breakfasts
- Real Estate Lunch Speaker Series
- Panel Discussions and Featured Speakers
- Other Events
- Careers in Real Estate Workshop Series
- Research & Media
- Areas of Research
- Public Policy Proposals
- Debt Relief and Real Economy
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives
- Executive Education
By Stephanie Wright ’16
On February 6, 2015, the Columbia Business School Real Estate Association, Paul Milstein Center for Real Estate and Career Management Center hosted their hallmark Real Estate Career Forum to much success.
Now in its sixth year, the Career Forum provides an opportunity for Columbia Business School students to meet with professionals from leading real estate firms and for professionals to share their companies’ strategies and cultures with students. The goal of the Forum is to build relationships that are beneficial both to students and companies in attendance.
75 students and representatives from nearly 30 companies braved the cold to network and dialogue at the Columbia Club. The morning kicked off with a professionals-only breakfast where company executives, many Columbia alumni themselves, caught up. Tomasz Piskorski, Associate Professor of Real Estate delivered the event's opening remarks, which focused on the strong, long-held relationships that Columbia's real estate program has with the industry.
Then it was the students' turn. Many had looked forward to the Forum for months, knowing that the opportunity for one-on-one, casual dialogue would allow for education, connections and, hopefully, mutual opportunity.
"The Career Forum provided the unique opportunity to meet with numerous influential real estate firms. The Forum was invaluable and allowed me to make connections that ultimately led to my summer internship," said Laura Burkey ’16.
We sincerely thank the following corporate partners for their time and participation in this year's event:
• Allianz Real Estate of America
• American Realty Capital
• Atlas Real Estate Partners
• AvalonBay Communities, Inc.
• Cantor Commercial Real Estate
• CIM Group
• Eastdil Secured
• Extell Development Company
• General Growth Properties
• Junius Real Estate Partners
• LEM Capital
• Madison International Realty
• MetLife Real Estate Investors
• Prudential Mortgage Capital Company
• Prudential Real Estate Investors
• Related Companies
• Rialto Capital Management
• Spear Street Capital
• Silverstein Properties
• Taconic Investment Partners
• Toll Brothers
• Urban Compass
• Vornado Realty Trust
View the Photo Slideshow.
Stephanie Wright ’16 is AVP of Careers for the Real Estate Association at Columbia Business School. A Columbia Real Estate Circle Fellow, she is a first-year student focusing on real estate finance and investments. Stephanie previously worked for Brookfield Asset Management and Jonathan Rose Companies, both in New York.