- Research & Media
- Areas of Research
- Public Policy Proposals
- MBA Real Estate Program
- Prospective Students
- Get Involved
- Student Voices
The 7th annual Real Estate Symposium, an exclusive alumni-only event, took place on Monday, December 15, 2014 at the Columbia University Club of New York. Mortimer B. Zuckerman, Executive Chairman, Boston Properties, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of U.S. News & World Report, Chairman and Publisher of the New York Daily News, delivered the keynote address.
If you are a Columbia Business School alumni and would like to be added to the Paul Milstein Center database in order to receive future invitations and other important news, please subscribe to our newsletter by signing up here.
Hosted by the Paul Milstein Center for Real Estate and the Real Estate Circle of Columbia Business School, the Real Estate Symposium is an annual educational forum that brings together accomplished Columbia Business School alumni and top industry leaders for a broad-based discussion of topical issues, high-profile transactions, trends, and challenges facing the real estate industry.
- Opening Remarks and Keynote Address
- Main Panel: The Development Boom
- Where are we in the Real Estate Cycle?
- Real Estate Capital Markets
- New York: At the Very Center of Business
- Photo Slideshow
2014 Steering Committee
Tommy Craig ’82, Hines (chair); Jeffrey A. Barclay ’83, Goldman, Sachs & Co.; Michael Berman ’86, GGP; Kate Kerrigan, Columbia Business School; Nancy Lashine ’81, Park Madison Partners; Raphael Sidelsky ’99, C-III Capital Partners; Gordon Whiting ’94, Angelo, Gordon & Co.; John F. O ’Connor ’09, O’Connor Capital Partners; Tom Ortinau ’09, Prudential Real Estate Investors.
2014 Schedule of Events
Keynote speaker: Mortimer B. Zuckerman, Executive Chairman, Boston Properties
Opening Remarks: Lynne B. Sagalyn, Columbia Business School, and Tommy Craig ’82, Hines and chair, 2014 Real Estate Symposium Steering Committee
Where are we in the Real Estate Cycle? With A.J. Agarwal, Michael Giliberto (moderator), Adam Schwartz, and Joshua Scoville
Real Estate Capital Markets With Michael V. Pappagallo, Ralph Rosenberg, Alexander Rubin (moderator), and Hilary Spann
New York: At the Very Center of Business With Marty Burger, Patrick Foye, Steven Spinola (moderator), and Adam Weinstein
Main Panel: The Development Boom With Erik Horvat ’04, Daniel Neidich, Glenn Rufrano, Lynne B. Sagalyn (moderator), and Philippe Visser ’04
REA Alumni Happy Hour
Panelists and Moderators
- A.J. Agarwal, Blackstone
- Marty Burger, Silverstein Properties
- Patrick Foye, The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Michael Giliberto, Columbia Business School
- Erik Horvat ’04, Fosun Property Holdings
- Daniel Neidich, Dune Real Estate Partners
- Michael V. Pappagallo, Brixmor Property Group
- Ralph Rosenberg, KKR
- Alexander Rubin, Moelis
- Glenn Rufrano, O’Connor Capital Partners
- Lynne B. Sagalyn, Columbia Business School
- Adam Schwartz, Angelo, Gordon & Co.
- Joshua Scoville, Hines
- Hilary Spann, J.P.Morgan Asset Management
- Steven Spinola, Real Estate Board of New York
- Philippe Visser ’04, Related Companies
- Adam Weinstein, Phipps Houses