- Research & Media
- Areas of Research
- Public Policy Proposals
- MBA Real Estate Program
- Prospective Students
- Get Involved
- Student Voices
ARGUS Software products for real estate asset valuation, budgeting and forecasting, operations, and cash flow are available for student use in computers at the Thomas J. Watson Library of Business & Economics. In addition, students may purchase ARGUS Software for academic use for just $99. Columbia Business School students interested in purchasing a discounted license should contact the Vice Presidents of Education in the Real Estate Association.
- Commercial Real Estate Development Association (NAIOP)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT)
- Real Estate Investing Club (REI Club)
- The Real Estate Roundtable
- The Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Women Builders Council, Inc.
- Women in Housing & Finance (WHF)
- WX New York Women Executives in Real Estate
- Young Real Estate Professionals New York (YREPNY)
Sources of Real Estate Intelligence
|NCREIF||Performance and Benchmarking information at the property and fund level (paid)|
|CBRE||U.S. Research Data & Reports by property type and geography (paid)|
|The Real Deal||New York RE News (paid, separate sites for LA and Miami)|
Association for REITs and other publicly traded real estate companies with an interest in U.S. real estate and capital markets. Sdvocates for REIT-based real estate investment with policymakers and the global investment community.
|Real Estate Alert||Institutional acquisition and real estate investment news/information (paid)|
|Commercial Mortgage Alert||Institutional lending, CMBS and general real estate debt news/information (paid)|
|PWC Real Assets||
Real Estate research, trends and forecasts
|Marcus & Millichap||Market update reports by region, city and property type (paid)|
|National Real Estate Investor||
Annual rankings of the top owners, managers, lenders and exclusive research into the sentiments of borrowers and their strategies across asset classes in the US.
|Commercial Observer||General Industry News|
Blog/news network with specific outlets for content relevant to Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, the Hamptons, Los Angeles, Miami and New York
|New York Yimby||
News/information specific to new development in New York City
Live Events and Industry News Platform
New York State Association for Affordable Housing
|Furman Center||Research on housing and urban planning|
|CRE News||Daily market information/news on debt markets, fundraising, investment sales and CMBS|
News, data, analysis, and insights on the CRE industry plus market coverage, articles by industry leaders, and information about educational workshops and networking events.
|Commercial Property Executive||
General news/research/data resource for real estate owners, investors, developers and lessors
News, deal information specific to multifamily sector
CMBS, CRE Finance and Banking research (paid)
News/information on RE Private Equity Fund Managers (paid)
Transaction data and intelligence on market pricing, capital flows and investment trends as well as searchable database of over 200,000 investor profiles (paid)
Student housing, apartment and REIT research (paid)
Data and analytics to support market reporting across asset classes and geographies (paid)
Largest database of property, lease, sales, market and submarket info/comps (paid)
Global nonprofit education and research institute representing the entire spectrum of land use and real estate development disciplines working in private enterprise and public service (paid)
Leading crowdsourced commercial real estate data platform with access to millions of rent and sales comps (paid)
Commercial real estate data platform with building data, transactions, comps & portfolios on over 49 million properties in the US (paid)
North America's leading construction cost database with a collection of actively-monitored data points (paid)
Industry leader in real estate and real estate investment trust (REIT) research (paid)
|Wall Street Journal||
Real Estate section of Wall Street Journal
News & Research tool for Residential Brokers
|National Association of Realtors (NAR)||
Largest trade organization in the US with news/research that affects the realtor industry
Real Estate Jobs
|New York Times||
Real Estate section of New York Times
|Crain's Chicago Business||
Top source of news, analysis and information on business in metropolitan Chicago
|Crain's New York Business||
Top source of news, analysis and information on business in metropolitan New York
Leading source for commercial real estate news, covering key influencers to the newest developments in the Midwestern US
|LA Business Journal||
Real Estate section of local LA business publication covering tops transactions and news in the market.
|NYC Department of Housing||
Data on quality and affordability of NYC housing
|US Census: Survey of Construction||
National data on construction of new privately-owned residential properties, also available at the region level. The data provided by Survey of Construction (SOC), which is partially funded by HUD.
News and events platform dedicated to educating and connecting commercial real estate professionals in their local markets and nationwide
Vault Career Guide to Real Estate, Second Edition - Comprehensive career guide for real estate professionals from all sectors
Residental Housing Prices (Rental & Purchases)
Info about home sales, apartment rentals, neighborhood insights, markets and trends
Leading commercial real estate industry provider ofeducational programs, research on trends and innovations and strong legislative representation
|American Land Title Association (ALTA)||
National trade association representing title insurance companies, title and settlement agents, independent abstracters, title searchers and real estate attorneys
Leading organization of professional real estate appraisers which supports members through its designation programs, peer review process, education, research and publishing endeavors
|Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)||
Association represents the owners and managers of all commercial property types
Association for Real Estate Management professiononals providing resources for real estate management professionals
Associations whose members specialize in land brokerage related to all types of land, including specialty properties
Leading global professional office and industrial real estate association
|CoreNet Global Knowledge||
Globally-focused resource containing original research, member organization publications, market reports and CRE-specific research reports and white papers (paid)
Annual ranking of the fastest-growing private real estate companies in America
Online real estate marketplace that connects tenants and investors to commercial real estate available for sale and lease
- Career Management Center Digital Media Library: Hear from alumni and coaches in short one- to three-minute video segments on how to navigate the Real Estate recruiting process, networking, developing a career path, and much more by logging into the CMC Digital Media Library (Add "Real Estate" in the search window).
- Hoovers Industry Snapshot
- Real Capital Analytics (complimentary Capital Trends reports available to students)
- ARGUS Software products for real estate asset valuation, budgeting and forecasting, operations, and cash flow are available for student use on computers at the Watson Library.
- The publications Real Estate Alert (call number F566.A3 R43) and Commercial Mortgage Alert (call number KF691.A3 C64) are available in hard copy only in Watson Library. Note: We are not able to distribute electronic copies of these publications.
- PropertyShark: This online database includes property reports; sales information; comparable sales searches; and sales, rental, and foreclosure listings (limited).
- Win2Data (First American CoreLogic): Property database covering the five boroughs, with tax maps. Obtain sales & ownership information on all NYC properties, build comparable sales reports, and more. The CD-ROMs are available at the reference desk in Watson Library.
- 42Floors Commercial Real Estate Data in U.S. Urban Markets
Please visit the Real Estate Association website for additional resources recommended by Columbia MBA students.