Reunion Class Committees
Reunion Committee Volunteers assist the Office of External Relations and Development by inviting classmates to attend Reunion Weekend, building excitement through peer-to-peer messaging, and driving class gift fundraising. The committee begins its work in September and continues through Reunion Weekend (April 3–5, 2020). Consider joining one or both of the subcommittees below by filling out this brief survey.
The approximate time commitment is about 2 hours/month, with a slight increase in the spring closer to Reunion Weekend.
Attend Reunion Weekend, of course! And:
- Contact classmates to encourage reunion participation via phone, online, and in-person engagement.
- Utilize the Class Agent portal to communicate with classmates about Reunion 2020.
- Select 10-20 classmates for your volunteer portfolio, encouraging them to attend reunion and/or make a class gift.
- Serve as the eyes and ears of your class. Share updates with us on classmates (new job, new baby, address change) along with any questions and concerns.
- Participate in two conference calls and two alumni outreach nights (October & March).
- Make a meaningful gift to the Columbia Business School Annual Fund in honor of your Reunion.
The Class Outreach subcommittee will select approximately 10-20 classmates in the fall encouraging them to attend Reunion Weekend. Subcommittee members will be asked to share updates with their classmates throughout the year using the Class Agent portal. In addition to their contact with classmates, the class outreach subcommittee will also be responsible for managing any class reunion social media pages, the class dinner playlist, and collecting class photos throughout the year.
The Class Gift subcommittee will select approximately 10-20 classmates, encouraging them to attend Reunion AND make a gift in honor of their class. The goal is to bring classmates together and encourage them to contribute an annual fund gift in support of the School’s most critical needs. The Class Gift subcommittee will be provided with call scripts, emails, and text message templates to contact classmates throughout the year using the Class Agent portal.