- Message from Co-directors
- Racial Equity and Social Enterprise
- Program Brochure
- Faculty & Staff
- Advisory Board
- Contact Us
- Experiential Learning
- Social Ventures
- Faculty Viewpoints
- Case Studies
- 2021 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- 2019 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- Are Americans Primarily Suffering from Income Inequality or Lack of Opportunity? Diagnosing the Problem and Proposing Solutions
- Northeast Workshop on Energy Policy and Environmental Economics
- 2018 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- The Near-term Impacts of Climate Change on Investors
- Solutions to Post-Incarceration Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Fulfilling the Promise of Education Technology
- Managing Schools to Improve Teacher Performance
- The Economics and Psychology of Poverty
- Measuring and Creating Excellence in Schools
- The American Healthcare Landscape in 2014
- Microfinance Symposium
- Research Resources
Susanne Cornfeld Hurowitz is the president of HB Capital Group, a privately-held, real estate investment and management company based in Miami, Florida. HB Capital focuses primarily on value-add real estate assets in primary and secondary markets principally in southeastern United States.
Before co-founding HB Capital, Ms. Hurowitz was the president of SCH Consulting, which advised nonprofit organizations on the development and implementation of strategic planning initiatives. Prior to that, she served as the director of development for Homes for the Homeless, the largest provider of housing and support services to homeless families in New York City. She remains active with Homes for the Homeless and has sat on its board of directors for the past 15 years.
Ms. Hurowitz also serves on the board of directors for the Memorial Healthcare System Foundation and the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation, where she has served as secretary and vice president. In addition, Ms. Hurowitz is chair of Cornell University’s parent’s committee, a member of the advisory board for the University of Miami Department of Neurology, a member of the board of trustees of Nova Southeastern University, the Institute for Children and Poverty, and NSU University School, where she previously served as board chair for four years.
Ms. Hurowitz holds a BA from Tufts University and an MBA from Columbia University. Susanne lives in Fort Lauderdale with her husband, Steven, and their three sons.