- Experiential Learning
- Social Ventures
- Faculty Viewpoints
- Climate Change & Investment Conference
- The Near-term Impacts of Climate Change on Investors
- Solutions to Post-Incarceration Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Fulfilling the Promise of Education Technology
- Managing Schools to Improve Teacher Performance
- The Economics and Psychology of Poverty
- Measuring and Creating Excellence in Schools
- The American Healthcare Landscape in 2014
- Microfinance Symposium
- Research Resources
|Larry Brooks ’05
|John Walker EMBAG ’08
Columbia Business School has always been the birthplace of big ideas and great leaders, and more so now than ever, innovators in the social sector. The Social Enterprise Finance Network (SEFN) is a conduit for these individuals to share best practices and to network. We welcome all alumni in finance/executive/board roles to attend quarterly events featuring alumni and thought leaders from the field. We plan to address a host of topics, including:
- Budgets / tracking / transparency: How/when/how often do you share financial information across your organization?
- Board oversight: what are the key roles/responsibilities of a finance/audit committee and treasurer?
- Investment policies: how is your organization investing today? How are you balancing preservation of capital with returns on investment?
After each meeting, notes will be made available to all network members.
If you would like to join this group, suggest topics for discussion or help us grow SEFN please contact us with your information. We look forward to hearing from you!