- Experiential Learning
- Social Ventures
- Faculty Viewpoints
- Climate Change & Investment Conference
- The Near-term Impacts of Climate Change on Investors
- Solutions to Post-Incarceration Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Fulfilling the Promise of Education Technology
- Managing Schools to Improve Teacher Performance
- The Economics and Psychology of Poverty
- Measuring and Creating Excellence in Schools
- The American Healthcare Landscape in 2014
- Microfinance Symposium
- Research Resources
|Camilla Nestor ’02
|Sophie Romana EMBA ’08
We invite you to join us each quarter to get together with fellow alumni working in the field of domestic and international microfinance. We'll meet in person and by conference call and occasionally to get together for drinks or dinner. Some of the topics for discussion may include:
- Microfinance has scaled to a $40 billion business internationally, yet still has a ways to go to meet the estimated demand for micro-savings, -credit and -insurance services. What is the next frontier for microfinance that will help scale and deepen access to financial services?
- Innovation in intersections of microfinance and technology
- Opportunities for using microfinance as a platform to deliver other needed products and services to the BOP
- Double bottom line investing in microfinance
- Challenges of domestic microfinance
After each meeting, notes will be circulated with additional resources as an added benefit.
This group will initially target Columbia Business School alumni who are working, have experience working in, or are interested in microfinance in any capacity. If you would like to join this group, please contact us. Thanks for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.