- Experiential Learning
- Social Ventures
- Faculty Viewpoints
- Case Studies
- 2019 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- Are Americans Primarily Suffering from Income Inequality or Lack of Opportunity? Diagnosing the Problem and Proposing Solutions
- Northeast Workshop on Energy Policy and Environmental Economics
- 2018 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- The Near-term Impacts of Climate Change on Investors
- Solutions to Post-Incarceration Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Fulfilling the Promise of Education Technology
- Managing Schools to Improve Teacher Performance
- The Economics and Psychology of Poverty
- Measuring and Creating Excellence in Schools
- The American Healthcare Landscape in 2014
- Microfinance Symposium
- Research Resources
Julian Cook worked at the Endeavor Initiative, a non-for profit organization that acts as a venture catalyst in emerging markets and provides entrepreneurs access to knowledge and capital. Julian worked with the CEO of Southern Winds, a start-up airline company in Argentina, to raise further equity and establish strategic partnerships with local organizations.
Elizabeth Riker interned with the Education Development Center (EDC), a U.S based nonprofit that conducts educational development work worldwide. Elizabeth worked on an educational reform project in Guinea West Africa, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the World Bank. Elizabeth assisted EDC in evaluating and improving its Guinean educational materials to establish national achievement standards, and developed a distribution plan to reach the country’s primary schools given transport and infrastructure challenges. In addition, she set up two pilot programs at local schools to test and evaluate these materials, with performance measures that were adapted to local conditions.
Joe Rooney worked with the Community Development Venture Capital Alliance (CDVCA), an international nonprofit dedicated to promoting the use of the venture capital model for economic development. Joe developed a web strategy for CDVCA, and developed and presented a case study at CDVCA’s national conference, which examined a work-out situation in which an investment fund has placed capital in a struggling company, and the COO of the fund has to decide whether or not to invest further to save the company.
Isaac Halpern worked on a cause marketing campaign for The Advertising Council