- Message from Co-directors
- Racial Equity and Social Enterprise
- Program Brochure
- Faculty & Staff
- Advisory Board
- Contact Us
- Experiential Learning
- Social Ventures
- Faculty Viewpoints
- Case Studies
- 2019 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- Are Americans Primarily Suffering from Income Inequality or Lack of Opportunity? Diagnosing the Problem and Proposing Solutions
- Northeast Workshop on Energy Policy and Environmental Economics
- 2018 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- The Near-term Impacts of Climate Change on Investors
- Solutions to Post-Incarceration Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Fulfilling the Promise of Education Technology
- Managing Schools to Improve Teacher Performance
- The Economics and Psychology of Poverty
- Measuring and Creating Excellence in Schools
- The American Healthcare Landscape in 2014
- Microfinance Symposium
- Research Resources
Columbia Business School alumni and friends of the center and school are generous supporters of fellowships and scholarships. A variety of awards are available for entering and continuing students. In addition to financial support, awardees become members of Columbia Business School’s vibrant community of social enterprise scholars and fellows.
There is no separate application for the scholarships described below. Your eligibility is determined by the financial aid office. Applicants will be notified of an award, should it become available.
Benjamin ’05 and Beth Hesse Endowed Scholarship Fund in Social Enterprise Management
Established in 2017, this scholarship is given to outstanding students with an interest in management positions in the public or nonprofit sectors, or in social ventures.
Benjamin ’05 and Beth Hesse Endowed Scholarship Fund for Public or Nonprofit Leadership
This scholarship awards merit or need-based financial aid support to students enrolled at Columbia Business School, with preference given to applicants who plan to pursue a leadership role in the public or nonprofit sector.
Bishan Singh Kochhar Fellowship Fund
This scholarship awards Merit-based financial aid to students interested in nonprofit/public sectors or social entrepreneurship.
Frances Alexander Scholarship
Awarded to exceptional and deserving students, this scholarship gives preference to those interested in social enterprise endeavors, such as international development, nonprofit management, and socially responsible investing.
Gilbert Butler ’62 Fellowship
This need-based fellowship supports outstanding students, with a preference given to those who have a background in environmental conservation, the arts, or nonprofits.
Hughes and Smith Family Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to outstanding students who demonstrate academic ability and financial need. Preference is given to students of non-traditional professional backgrounds, such as nonprofits, the arts, education, or media.
Rachel Jacobs ’02 Memorial Scholarship
Created in honor of Rachel Jacobs ’02, an inspiring leader, accomplished social entrepreneur, and dedicated philanthropist, this scholarship is awarded to deserving students who demonstrate financial need.
Sandra and Tony Tamer Scholarship
This merit or need-based scholarship gives preference to students interested in social enterprise.
The Benjamin Botwinick Scholarship
Established in 1989, this scholarship is awarded annually to deserving Columbia Business School students who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to ethics.