- Message from Co-Directors
- Program Brochure
- Faculty & Staff
- Advisory Board
- Contact Us
- Experiential Learning
- Social Ventures
- Faculty Viewpoints
- 2019 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- Are Americans Primarily Suffering from Income Inequality or Lack of Opportunity? Diagnosing the Problem and Proposing Solutions
- Northeast Workshop on Energy Policy and Environmental Economics
- 2018 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- The Near-term Impacts of Climate Change on Investors
- Solutions to Post-Incarceration Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Fulfilling the Promise of Education Technology
- Managing Schools to Improve Teacher Performance
- The Economics and Psychology of Poverty
- Measuring and Creating Excellence in Schools
- The American Healthcare Landscape in 2014
- Microfinance Symposium
- Research Resources
Columbia MBA and EMBA students build on their desire to make a difference with innovative ideas and business skills gained through a variety of social enterprise elective courses. Through coursework and cocurricular activities, students learn directly from leading academics in the field, as well as the many practitioners of social enterprise who come to campus as adjunct professors, guest lecturers, and panelists.
Instructors supplement lectures with a variety of teaching techniques that expose students to roles encountered by leaders and managers in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors, including team projects, case studies, guest speakers, and pro bono consulting projects.
One of the great strengths of the Tamer Center for Social Enterprise is that it is an interdivisional program—many of its courses are drawn from or developed within other divisions of the School. In the online course selection guide and in the teaching schedule, students will find electives listed under such divisions as Business Economics, Finance, International Business, Management, Marketing, and Operations, as well as under Social Enterprise.
Select courses may also be open for Columbia graduate and undergraduate seniors. For more information, please see the cross-registration page, which includes an online application link.