- Experiential Learning
- Social Ventures
- Faculty Viewpoints
- Northeast Workshop on Energy Policy and Environmental Economics
- Climate Science & Investment Conference
- The Near-term Impacts of Climate Change on Investors
- Solutions to Post-Incarceration Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Fulfilling the Promise of Education Technology
- Managing Schools to Improve Teacher Performance
- The Economics and Psychology of Poverty
- Measuring and Creating Excellence in Schools
- The American Healthcare Landscape in 2014
- Microfinance Symposium
- Research Resources
The Social Enterprise Program at Columbia Business School is a resource for all MBA students and alumni who want to make the world a better place, at any point in their personal and professional lives and from the vantage point of any sector.
The Social Enterprise Program has its roots in the School’s Public and Nonprofit Management Program, which was established in 1981 to prepare students for management positions in government and nonprofit organizations.
While that program helped shepherd many talented MBAs into rewarding social-sector careers, it overlooked the majority of MBA students and alumni, who could contribute to society in meaningful ways through positions in the private sector. Moreover, MBAs now face new challenges and opportunities as a result of changes in the business world, including globalization, corporate scandals and the call for greater accountability in all sectors.
The Social Enterprise Program has expanded its scope to focus on four main areas: Public and Nonprofit Management, Social Entrepreneurship, Corporate Social Responsibility and International Development. New course offerings include Business and Society, Finance and Sustainability, Strategic Management in the Social Sector and two lab courses in Microfinance and Education. We’re also seeking to support internships and other experiential learning opportunities for students and to fund research by our leading faculty.
We look forward to your support and participation in these activities and in all our future endeavors.