- Experiential Learning
- Social Ventures
- Faculty Viewpoints
- Case Studies
- 2019 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- Are Americans Primarily Suffering from Income Inequality or Lack of Opportunity? Diagnosing the Problem and Proposing Solutions
- Northeast Workshop on Energy Policy and Environmental Economics
- 2018 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- The Near-term Impacts of Climate Change on Investors
- Solutions to Post-Incarceration Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Fulfilling the Promise of Education Technology
- Managing Schools to Improve Teacher Performance
- The Economics and Psychology of Poverty
- Measuring and Creating Excellence in Schools
- The American Healthcare Landscape in 2014
- Microfinance Symposium
- Research Resources
Jordan Steffy '15BUS and Joe Brown '15BUS
What is the social or environmental issue being addressed?
Mentoring organizations match mentors with mentees, yet they often lack specific information into whether these relationships are working. Organizations want to better measure, track and quantify success, while fostering an environment that encourages mentors and mentees to regularly connect. Currently there is a high mentor turnover rate within these organizations, sometimes up to 40%, which not only leaves youth without positive role models but results in high recruiting and retention costs for these organizations.
Xylem is a company looking to reduce turnover in mentoring programs by strengthening the mentor/protege relationship. Xylem's initial product offering is a mobile application.
- EASD Wins American School Board Journal Magna Award
The Ephrata Review
April 27, 2018