- Message from Co-Directors
- Program Brochure
- Faculty & Staff
- Advisory Board
- Contact Us
- Experiential Learning
- Social Ventures
- Faculty Viewpoints
- 2019 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- Are Americans Primarily Suffering from Income Inequality or Lack of Opportunity? Diagnosing the Problem and Proposing Solutions
- Northeast Workshop on Energy Policy and Environmental Economics
- 2018 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- The Near-term Impacts of Climate Change on Investors
- Solutions to Post-Incarceration Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Fulfilling the Promise of Education Technology
- Managing Schools to Improve Teacher Performance
- The Economics and Psychology of Poverty
- Measuring and Creating Excellence in Schools
- The American Healthcare Landscape in 2014
- Microfinance Symposium
- Research Resources
Program Associate, B Lab
Program Associate, B Lab
What are B Corps?
B Corps are companies that aspire to use the power of markets to solve social and environmental problems. They meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability. The B Corp community contains 2,000+ certified B Corps spanning 50 countries and 130 industries.
Why Become a B Corp?
Measuring what matters helps you attract and retain the best talent. It demonstrates that your organization walks its talk about being a better company. It gives employees who care about this an opportunity to engage and to lead. It allows you to benchmark performance and gives you tools to set goals for improvement.
How Do I Start?
Check out the B Impact Assessment. It's a free and confidential tool to measure and manage the impact performance of your whole business. The Assessment can also help you learn how you can improve, even if you never get certified. For most companies, doing a rough cut assessment will take about an hour. From there, read through these guidelines to understand the performance and legal requirements to certify.
What is the Pending B Corp Status for Startups?
This is a one year program designed to help startups (< than 1 year ops) understand and improve their impact with the ultimate goal of creating a lifelong leader in using business as a force for good. It is a two-step process: protect your mission, and start measuring impact.
B Lab is a nonprofit organization that serves a global movement of people using business as a force for good. Its vision is that one day all companies compete not only to be the best in the world, but the best for the world and as a result society will enjoy a more shared and durable prosperity.