- Experiential Learning
- Social Ventures
- Faculty Viewpoints
- Case Studies
- 2019 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- Are Americans Primarily Suffering from Income Inequality or Lack of Opportunity? Diagnosing the Problem and Proposing Solutions
- Northeast Workshop on Energy Policy and Environmental Economics
- 2018 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- The Near-term Impacts of Climate Change on Investors
- Solutions to Post-Incarceration Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Fulfilling the Promise of Education Technology
- Managing Schools to Improve Teacher Performance
- The Economics and Psychology of Poverty
- Measuring and Creating Excellence in Schools
- The American Healthcare Landscape in 2014
- Microfinance Symposium
- Research Resources
Marcelo Moraes ’11BUS
What is the social or environmental issue being addressed?
In Brazil, only 4% of individual entrepreneurs have access to the financial services a small business needs, such as affordable loans and payment solutions. Banks can be complicated for entrepreneurs to understand and navigate, and offerings are typically expensive and don't meet entrepreneurs' needs. In addition, only 25% of entrepreneurs in Brazil have a Corporate Taxpayer Registry, and therefore overpay for financial services as individuals (or do not use the financial system at all). As a result, many businesses do not succeed.
MEI Facil provides individual entrepreneurs with access to financial services. They first acquire new clients online by helping them obtain a Corporate Registry in less than five minutes, and offering them simplified accounting services for their businesses free of charge. After developing a relationship of trust, MEI Facil then offers clients on-demand financial services, providing easy-to-understand products at very affordable rates. They partner with service providers, but all transactions are performed within MEI Facil’s app to maintain the client relationship.
- MEI Facil Participates in MBA Fintech Day
May 27, 2018