- Experiential Learning
- Social Ventures
- Faculty Viewpoints
- Case Studies
- 2019 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- Are Americans Primarily Suffering from Income Inequality or Lack of Opportunity? Diagnosing the Problem and Proposing Solutions
- Northeast Workshop on Energy Policy and Environmental Economics
- 2018 Climate Science & Investment Conference
- The Near-term Impacts of Climate Change on Investors
- Solutions to Post-Incarceration Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Fulfilling the Promise of Education Technology
- Managing Schools to Improve Teacher Performance
- The Economics and Psychology of Poverty
- Measuring and Creating Excellence in Schools
- The American Healthcare Landscape in 2014
- Microfinance Symposium
- Research Resources
Mehemed Bougsea ’18SIPA, Amel Abid ’17BC, and Joscha Raue
Data & Analytics, Software, Jobs & Recruiting
What is the social or environmental issue being addressed?
While the labor force in North Africa is highly educated, most of the scarce jobs created are for low-skill employees. The unemployment rate of youth in North Africa can reach almost 50%. In addition, antiquated education traditions fail to adequately prepare graduates for the challenges they will face in the global labor market of tomorrow.
Think.iT is on a mission to activate the untapped brilliance in North Africa and empower extraordinary minds to shape the future of technology. Think.iT is an international organization that connects leading technology companies with the brightest software developers from North Africa. They leverage a data-driven approach to recruiting and training technology talent. Think.iT identifies the skill gaps organizations face in real-time, then adapts and executes their blended-learning training according to these needs.
Think.iT identifies top technology talent across the North African region, augments them with an inspiring working environment and tailored training, and connects them to leading technology companies around the globe. Think.iT’s training contains offline, online, and peer learning components designed for the mastery of technical skills. They also emphasize building personal and emotional skills before embedding their “Think.iTeers” in technology teams within purposeful organizations.
- The Startup With A Social Conscience And A Solution To The Global Tech Talent Crisis
January 11, 2018
- Connecting Talent to Oppportunity in North Africa
November 24, 2017
- Rethinking Education
September 29, 2017