About the Columbia Business School Venture For All® Model Entrepreneur® Competition (ME)
Model Entrepreneur® competition, ME, is a global competition hosted by Columbia Business School's Venture For All®, with the goal to encourage young talents to stand out from pure imagination and speak out innovative ideas with business feasibility. Unlike any business competitions, ME participants will be able to receive proper guidance and suggestions on their business models from Columbia Business School and VFA Clubs across the globe. Participants will also receive various amounts of scholarships to attend official programs at Harvard, Columbia, Stanford, Caltech, Berkley, and Pratt, to further enhance their entrepreneurship skills.
IEG Global Association is the execution partner for the Model Entrepreneur® Competition.
The Model Entrepreneur® Competition takes place once a year, and is consisted of two Primaries Rounds (online) and one Final Round (physical competition).
Primaries will take place every year starting in September and end in March of the following year.
- All Teams will receive feedback from the Columbia Business School VFA Judging Panel.
- Teams will then have a chance to make improvement on their submitted material.
- Based on the revised material, the Judging Panel will then select Teams to advance to the Finals to compete in the city of their registered Region.
Depending on your region, Finals usually take place during April.
- First Round scoring will be based on the attractiveness and content of your videos.
- A Revival Round will follow for Teams who missed the first cut.
- Second Round will take place.
- Final Round will then take place in the auditorium.
Model Entrepreneur® currently has competitions in the following areas:
Asia Edition: China, Japan, and Taiwan
North America Edition: San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York
EMEA Edition: TBD
We welcome corporations to partner with us on hosting your own Model Entrepreneur® Competition, where you could identify creative ideas to help you improve or build your products and/or services. Please contact Dr. Jack McGourty (email: email@example.com) or Mr. Paul Powen Shih (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) for further discussion.
Who Can Join ME?
There are two levels of the ME competition, one for high school students (9th-12th graders), and one for university students (Freshman to Senior).
What’s the Benefit of Joining ME?
- Receive proper guidance and suggestions on your business ideas from Columbia Business School and VFA Clubs across the globe
- Interact and learn from each other in an international business environment
- Winning teams could receive various internship opportunities, scholarships in the forms of IEG Program and/or cash
- Receive certification of participation from Columbia Business School Venture For All® Model Entrepreneur®
The Model Entrepreneur® competition serves as an integral part of the Columbia Business School Venture For All® global entrepreneurial effort. The main focus of the ME competition is not “competition” itself, but rather to provide an opportunity for students to foster their communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking skills.
How Do I Participate?
For complete registration information and key dates, please visit http://www.itengcorp.com/competition, or reach out to your CBS VFA Club leaders for more information.