- Faculty and Research
- Academic Divisions
- Centers and Programs
- Faculty Governance (login)
- Executive MBA
- Doctoral Program
- Master of Science
- Executive Education
- Undergraduate Concentration
- Pre-Doctoral Research Opportunities
- Current Students
- Ideas and Insights
- About Us
- Why Columbia Business School?
- Theory to Practice
- History and Future
- Board of Overseers
- Mission and Vision
- Digital Media
- Campus Map and Directions
- Contact Us Form
- Careers at Columbia
- For Staff
- Board of Overseers
Becoming involved as a project sponsor opens up a range of possibilities for organizations. Master Classes provide an opportunity for hands-on recruiting by working closely with potential future employees. Moreover, sponsoring organizations benefit from the delivery of actionable results and recommendations for their unique business project.
Characteristics of Master Class projects
- Semester-long projects addressing real-world issues facing project sponsors
- Students’ actionable recommendations make a significant contribution to the organization
- Teams consisting of 3-6 second-year MBA students work on each project under the watchful guidance of experienced faculty
- A time commitment from each student team of approximately 80 team-hours per semester (approximately 6 hours per week)
Requirements for Sponsoring a Master Class project
- Project sponsors must provide a liaison for the students throughout the semester, providing access to background information, people, data, etc.
- Project sponsors must provide feedback to the student team on the project results either in person (preferably) or through written evaluations.
- Projects must coincide with the School’s academic calendar.
- Project expenses, such as team travel for site-visit(s) outside the New York City area will be provided by sponsor.
Rewards for sponsoring a Master Class project
- A professional level project deliverable at end of the semester
- High-quality assistance from a team of exceptional MBA’s supervised by both faculty and senior professionals during the semester
- An excellent recruiting opportunity as well as a chance to become intimately involved in the school’s MBA program
To be a Project Sponsor, contact us with your ideas at email@example.com.